Manager won't open...help!

Ok thanks gracc

I did not download it as yet lubos. To be truthful, iā€™m a bit weary of additional downloads especially the ones Iā€™m unfamiliar with. Isnā€™t there another option? Whenever I try to launch manager it is processed in the background and shows up in task manager briefly before disappearing. Nothing happens on screen. If I try to relaunch soon after, a window comes up saying manager cannot open because it is already running in the background but nothing shows up

Dear Lubos, I had the same problem as others in this thread. I re-installed Manager, but still in vain. Please help me out. Iā€™m dealing with 4-companies and it will be a disaster for me if I am unable to use your software. I last backed up on 20 November, but the last 6 days, did too much work. Please help me out. Could i email you my team viewer password?

@zayyad, try to install server edition whether you can get that working first.

See: Guides | Manager

1 Like

I just tried, but didnā€™t work. A windows dialogue box appears stating the program has stopped working and iā€™m not good at IT.

I uninstalled & then re-installed, but in vain. I donā€™t even know where my data for manager.io is? Please help me!!

Manager programme files are located here: users/(user name)/appdata/roaming/Manager
Manager data files are located here: users/(user name)/appdata/local/Manager

On Windows, maybe different for Mac

1 Like

Thank you so much. Just found those. Is it safe to move these files to another directory?
Since morning Iā€™m trying, but canā€™t open MANAGER.

Absolutely, probably best on to an external storage device

1 Like

Done and once again thank you for your reply.

This is great, the files are dated 24 November 2016, when I last used MANAGER.

Todayā€™s work has been piled up and now I need MANAGER to run to finish my stuff.

Have you tried as @lubos asked ā€œtry to install server editionā€

Go to programme file location and double click on ManagerServer

Gotta clock out now. :wink:
Will again try tomorrow morning.

I tried but it gives the following eror

Dear Lubos please help me out.

Might be a long shot, but can you check that your anti virus software isnā€™t locking manager up as a threat??
If so, try and whitelist Manager in your AV app.

1 Like

Still unsuccessful.

Back in the beginning when the problem started was there anything that triggered it - Manager update or other software update that you noticed.

However I am going to suggest you try each of the following
(1) Determine if your system has created any recent RESTORE POINTS, if yes then activate the latest dated Restore, but it needs to be a date prior to the troubles. But first copy both the Manager data files (dated 24th) and backup files (dated 20th) to an external storage device

(2) Via Control Panel uninstall Manager, then go to the programme file location - users/(user name)/appdata/roaming - and make sure the folder is empty, in fact you should delete the folder. Shut down, wait a few minutes and start (not just a restart) the computer and start download as a clean (new) install using the Desktop button at the top of the Forum home page

IF (?) the problem returns then its not the download but a ā€œfaultā€ within the desk top such as antivirus - by the way what is you antivirus program ? Perhaps deactivate it while doing the Manager download - install

(3) Download onto a totally different computer

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion. Iā€™ll try on another computer. I have NORTON security scan and AVAST antivirus. By the way Iā€™m so dumb, i couldnā€™t disable the antivirus :innocent:

AVAST has previously been reported to falsely identify Manager downloads as containing viruses.

1 Like

if I give you access via team viewer, could you favor me?