Can’t open Manager

Please help!

- Regards Gunnar Geir

Please confirm you are trying to run the server edition, accessing it via a web browser. Also, are you just installing the program? Or have you had it running previously?

Hi Tut. I have it running previously for two years, Regards, Gunnar

Have you powered off and then re-started the computer - that generally clears that type of fault, as its an intermittent conflict between various running software.

If that hasn’t cleared it, did you save a copy of your last Manager download, if yes then uninstall Manager and re-install by double clicking the saved Manager Windows Installer file.

Alternatively, if you don’t have a saved file, do a new download with either uninstalling or not uninstalling - your call.

But before doing any of that, just as a precaution, do a backup copy of the Manager Data File location. This area should be unaffected by any uninstall or download, so its just a comfort thing.

@GunnarGeir, you did not say which edition you are using: desktop or server. It is difficult to tell from your screen shot, because desktop is actually built over the server edition.

Hi Tut. I am using desktop edition.

Yes I have powered of and restarted the computer. I have cleared all Manager file out of the computer and re-installed from my last Manager download. There is no problem with the installing, bout nothing happen when I try to open the Manager. Is that possibility this is conflict with some uppdates? I am using Windows 10 all this year with no problems.

Does it automatically open after the install, assuming that the check box has been ticked ?
When you cleared all Manager programme files, did you delete the programme folder as well.

I use windows 10 and haven’t had any issues - current version 16.12.37 - and receive all windows updates. Sometimes the antivirus can cause a issue, you could disable that, be offline and do a re-install. Also after uninstalling do a couple of re-starts and use other programmes so to remove/overwrite any residue memory effect

You could, as another step, see if you have a system restore point dated prior to the problems occurring and activate that.

If you happened to also removed the Manager data files / folder, ONLY copy back any missing files. Don’t overwrite any of the files recreated by the re-install.

Hi Brucanna and thank you for your advises.
You ask: Does it automatically open after the install, assuming that the check box has been ticked ? - Answer: The check box is ticked. Nothing happen.
You ask: When you cleared all Manager programme files, did you delete the programme folder as well. Answer: Yes.
I have removed all antivirus programs from my computer. I have also restored Win to older point with no result.

Ok, the option string is getting shorter.
Can you download Manager onto another computer, if available, if yes then your computer has an issue.
In another topic one user ended up reloading Windows 10 and then their issue was resolved.

But perhaps prior to that - go to Control Panel - Program & Features and right click on Manager and select Repair - and see what happens.

Or, copy the Manager data file folder then completely uninstall Manger and delete the folders then run a registry clean software and/or windows repair software. There are a number of freeware options, check on CNET for recommendations.

Also Control Panel - Administrative Tools and run Disk Clean up.

Any of these mat throw up a cause.