Manager In English Settings looks Blurry - The Interface Text & # Not Clear

Given that you are the only person in the entire Manager universe reporting this, I can only conclude it has something to do with your systems setups. Possibly, you do not have the entire font families installed?

@Tut Yes I can see that, but all the font families for Helvetica Neue & Helvetica are installed, Arial & Sans-serif as well. what assures this the screen shot I shared in my previous comment where the language is changed to Arabic the program works well, once switched to English or any language that uses English letters, it just gets crisp and unreadable as shared.

Thanks anyway, doesn’t seem that I will find a solution for this problem as I’ve tried everything.

The following should clear your problem. It would have helped if you indicated that this is after a Windows update as this is quite common for non English language systems and caused by Windows 10 to not update this

1. Control Panel → Appearance and Personalization → Fonts and then on the left panel, select the Adjust Clear Type Text option.

2. Follow the instructions and choose how clear you’d like the fonts to be and restart all your programs.

This was posted by @Omnipotent.inc much earlier on
Complete Tutorial ( With Images ) On How to use Clear Type Text for Window Users.

You must follow all the instructions and apply it to all screens.

That’s all I got, except maybe a browser setting.

Interesting, my default browser is set to Firefox but when I check task manager and expand Manager it is running in Microsoft Edge. In fact Windows is forcing it to run in Microsoft Edge Webview2 run time, and if you uninstall it every time you open manager it reinstalls.

@magedauf Try this, open manager, then go to another browser, Firefox Chrome,ect and enter http://127.0.0.1:55667/ and see what your fonts look like, this bypasses Microsoft Edge Webview2 run time which may be causing the issue

Running Manager Desktop version in windows DOES NOT use your default web browser (Firefox, Edge, Chrome etc) it uses Windows Explorer. Go ahead, try opening Manager without anything else and you will see Windows Explorer appear in the Task Manager.
However opening tabs/links in a new tab/window (right click) will invoke your default WEB browser. Again check the task manager.
There are numerous references on the internet to the differences between the two.

I have the exact same issue. I use Manager mainly in English. It is not clear in English, however, it is very clear when I switch the language to Arabic.
I have tried following all the suggestions made here, they didn’t work.
The only thing that seems to work is right-clicking anywhere in manager- clicking inspect then unchecking the font family under body.

However, I must do this in every step as manager refreshes with every press of a button. Is there a way to uncheck it permanently?

Click on the eye icon in the bottom-left corner of your screen. The feature of blurring the figures is useful when working in places where others could look over your shoulder and see all the figures without permission.

I blurred the numbers on purpose to take the screenshot.

This is the original

and this is after I uncheck the font family

is there a way to uncheck the font family permanently to get a clear text?

Search the forum. There has been extensive discussion on this and solutions offered.

Hi Nahla,
You are the first one to give me a solution to this problem which worked, yet as you say the problem comes back once you refresh or enter a different page of Manager, I tried to dig deeper to find a permanent solution but no luck yet, if you reached one please let us know.

Thanks

@Nahla_Petro, you have exactly the opposite problem of what this thread is about, not the same issue. @magedauf reported clear text in Arabic and blurry text in English. You report clear text in English and blurry text in Arabic.

I am reporting clear text in Arabic and blurry text in English. Apologies if my wording was not clear.

@Nahla_Petro @Tut
Tut, we have the same problem exactly, clear Arabic, blurry English.
I am sure that it is a problem generated from Manager reading the font required by Manager, since when we uncheck it in the inspect window everything becomes perfect, the idea now is to find a way make the uncheck permanent.

I believe that is dependent on your operating system or browser, not Manager.

@Nahla_Petro @Tut
I believe I found the problem, the idea here is that Manager read the font name as “Helvetica Neue” while this font is installed on windows system “HelveticaNeue” with no space between the 2 words, thats why it cant display properly as it cant read it. I tried to change the font name installed on the system with a font editor but it seems that a font name cannot have a space in between. so anybody has any idea how to change the font name to match the programing script of Manager.

I can’t blame this on Manager since it’s a font substitution issue and Manager uses the correct font family names.

What I would personally do – as a windows user – is delete Helvetica entirely from my system (which is mainly an Apple font) and the font should fall back to Arial.

That should spare the user the trouble of fixing these petty issues.

@Nahla_Petro @Tut
I found the solution and it is working perfectly, as I mentioned in a previous comment that the problem is in the font name that Manager reads out of your windows system which does not match what Manager needs, follow the below steps and it will hopefully solve the problem.

1. Go to your windows/font file and copy Arial bold font file to your desktop

2. Download the below font editor and watch the youtube tutorial on how to change a system font name

1. Make sure to rename the font in font forge as the below photo exactly and leave everything else the same.

2. After generating the new font file which will be named as the below photo make sure that Manager is closed and install the new font file.

1. Open Manager again and you will find the interface font change into the Arial Bold as below :)…
    ** With this method you can change the interface to any font you prefer. Enjoy

2 Likes

Thank you Maged! It is working perfectly well!!