Manager crashes with macOS 11 (Big Sur)

Sounds a lot like my problem indeed.

Did you try to install the server edition?
(I’m so glad I can make my invoices and do my administration…
it’s a little more work now, but I can make my sales invoices now, so earn some money :wink: )

Yes this is happening to myself as well, HELP!

I cannot make an invoice, it shuts down immediately as soon as I click on customer; no idea what to do, downloaded server edition too same problem.

@tammyreed, please search the forum before starting new topics. Your post has been joined to this ongoing discussion. Read the topic for suggestions.

1 Like

@Tut… Yes I have, I downloaded new version and server edition as well but still crashes… I’m not savvy in this area so guidance is very appreciated😁

Is it just on sales invoices and only when you click on Customer field?

What about purchase invoices and clicking on Supplier field? Or Journal Entry and clicking on Account field?

It’s happening with invoices and credit but will let me create a receipt and does happen in journal as well

Please be more specific, @tammyreed. The details matter. What kind of invoices? You were asked if it is happening with purchase invoices and the Supplier field and with the Account field on journal entries. And what are you referring to when you write “credit?”

@Tut, my apologies. I just use sales invoices, credits and receipts, nothing else, I’m basic in and out recording

image|375x500 .

So are you referring to credit notes? If so, does the crash occur when clicking on the Customer field? Or at some other point? You mentioned “journal” in an earlier post. Presumably, you meant journal entries, but your graphic shows you have never entered one. So what did that reference mean?

@tut, yes. I tested journal to see if it was happening elsewhere in places I don’t use. I have found however by trial that if I don’t hit the tab button and manually click on the fields, I can create an invoice and receipts, it’s only when tabbing it crashes

Ah, that could be important. Thank you. @lubos, please note.

1 Like

@Tut, thank you!

I was wondering if you had any suggestions on how to proceed, I have been able to create manually since we last spoke.

I would keep doing things manually for now. As feedback on Big Sur comes in, user experiences vary. So far, no actual bugs have been identified.

Thank you, will do. I appreciate the support…will continue to follow this topic.

I have BigSur installed on 2016 Macbook Pro but I dont have any problems with Manager yet. Just for info.

@Aror could this be the same issue you are facing?

I just wanted to chime in with my experience. I am willing to test if anyone needs specifics.

Downloaded manager desktop to work for a couple days because the internet is spotty where I am. Cannot when using the tab key or enter key the app crashes. It’s not a manager warning it just closes completely out and gives you the warning from Apple that it closed unexpectedly and if you would like to report it.

@lubos I have a deep technology background, if you need help diagnosing from a Mac let me know.

I’m going to upgrade to Big Sur to see if I can reproduce this issue as well.