Manager crashes with macOS 11 (Big Sur)

zainabf@Zainabs-MBP ManagerServer-Mac-x64 % ./ManagerServer

Manager Server [Version 20.10.65]
Copyright (c) 2020 NGSoftware. All rights reserved.

Syntax:

ManagerServer  [options]

Options:

-port [number]     Set port on which HTTP server should listen on.
-path [directory]  Set directory where Manager should look for data.

Examples:

ManagerServer 
ManagerServer -port 80
ManagerServer -port 80 -path "/Users/zainabf/.local/share/Manager"

[14:21:35] HTTP server listening on port 8080

Well, it looks like the server is running…
Here ends my knowledge… Mine was working after these steps.

Maybe close the Terminal again, and start the server all over again with Terminal…
Maybe it misses one or two permissions, what will reappear when you start it up again.

More than this I really don’t know. Sorry :disappointed:

It worked. Thanks a lot. Tried it several times! Finally managed to open it on my browser.

Now how do I upgrade my desktop version?

Below is what it says now.

Done. Saw the previous guides and forums. All working now. Thank you heaps :+1:

I just upgraded to macOS Big Sur and I am not able to open my desktop version now. Can someone please assist?

Below is the error I get.

Have a look at this thread

And it is probably a better place to have further discussions

@Alistar, your post #9 and all responses to it were moved to this topic to consolidate discussion of this important issue. Please do not ask the same question in multiple topics. That reduces the chances of getting help.

1 Like

@lubos Do you need more info from me for fixing it,
or do I have to use the server edition from now on?

Hi guys - I am getting the same error as Alistar after downloading Big Sur on Mac. I am not nearly as advanced as the folks in this forum & would be happy to pay for assistance to fix this issue.

Please help if you are able

18.10.89: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Address already in use

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind (System.Net.EndPoint localEP) [0x00043] in :0

at System.Net.EndPointListener…ctor (System.Net.HttpListener listener, System.Net.IPAddress addr, System.Int32 port, System.Boolean secure) [0x00047] in :0

at System.Net.EndPointManager.GetEPListener (System.String host, System.Int32 port, System.Net.HttpListener listener, System.Boolean secure) [0x0009d] in :0

at System.Net.EndPointManager.AddPrefixInternal (System.String p, System.Net.HttpListener listener) [0x0005e] in :0

at System.Net.EndPointManager.AddListener (System.Net.HttpListener listener) [0x0009c] in :0

at System.Net.HttpListener.Start () [0x0000f] in :0

at HttpFramework.HttpServer.Start (HttpFramework.HttpApplication httpApplication, System.Nullable`1[T] port, System.String hostname) [0x000e9] in <4f72fd3435344df7af508979d3157d33>:0

at ManagerDesktop.Program.Main (System.String args) [0x0021b] in <5ae8a457bc8340caa32da99b32bd403a>:0

Did you download the newest version of the desktop edition?

When I read the last messages of Alistar, this could have been his problem from the beginning :wink:
Let’s start there

I could cry tears of joy right now - I was so afraid to do anything because I feared losing all of my business information forever. I just did what you said & downloaded the new version & like magic it is working now!

thank you Thank You THANK YOU!

@Aror from what I can see, it doesn’t look like the crashing occurs due to a bug in Manager. There is some other component causing this but based on the error you’ve posted - it’s not possible to determine which one. What makes it more difficult is that your error cannot be reproduced by other Mac users.

I’d wait for the first patch for Big Sur from Apple to see if it fixes the issue. Chances are it could. In the meantime I suggest to use free trial of server edition. I know it’s less convenient but at least you will have a working system.

@Alistar can you make sure you are using the latest version? As far as I can tell, this error message is not possible in the latest version.

I will do that! Thanks for so far!

True. Just when I did the last step, I thought I had to do it first! Hopefully all reading this will benefit now. “Download the latest version of Manager before starting to trouble shoot.”

Yes, now I am using the latest version, after all that trouble shooting :grinning:

Hi, I have a similar problem with Manager, running version 2.10.65 and using Big Sur on Mac OS.
When I create a Purchase Invoice, and hit ENTER anywhere in the input boxes, Manager will close, and Mac OS will give me a failure report.