Manager crashes with macOS 11 (Big Sur)

I’m going to find out…
I hope to find some time this evening to check it for you.
What I can remember is the Enter botton in my case the ‘do not touch-thing’
Don’t know if the Tap button does the same…

(but otherwise it looks like the same problem indeed)

Exactly what I am experiencing, thank you

While making a sales invoice, I can’t use the TAB key and can’t use Enter either

But, I tried a little more,
With a Purchase invoice, Journal entries, Expense Claims and Sales quotes is the problem the same…

I start typing the name of the costumer, item, account, in the field, If I press enter to select the name, Manager shuts down without any warning. (like VISA-MC writes about)

Also when I try to edit the account in an existing bank payment (in bank accounts) it happens.

The problem seems to be there with every drop-down-box in Manager.
I can type in the box to find the right costumer etc., select with the mouse cursor but NEVER press the enter key :wink:
(or you can start all over again haha)

I do not know if it is worth anything, but I do not have any problems. All OK here.

My setup is: macOS 11 (Big Sur) and Apple M1 chip.

@ntrim, which exact macOS version do you have? Is it the v11.0 that shipped with the machine or v11.0.1 that was the first public release?

Sorry! I have the v11.0.1.

So the problem may be limited to Intel chips.

This is my system-

Version 20.11.71 is fixing one bug in Big Sur. Since I’m not able to reproduce this issue, not sure whether fixing this bug is going to have any effect but just letting you know you should try the latest version.

@lubos, was your testing on a machine with the M1 chip or an Intel chip?

Intel. I don’t have Mac with M1 chip.

That’s probably a good thing. The problems reported all seem to be on Intel machines so far.

For what it’s worth, this is my setup; I had/have Manager version 20.9.84 and 20.10.71, respectively and I have not experienced any trouble so far on Big Sur.

I tried the new update:

Process: ManagerDesktop [72651]
Path: /Applications/Manager.app/Contents/MacOS/ManagerDesktop
Identifier: io.manager
Version: 20.10.71 (1)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: ManagerDesktop [72651]
User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2020-11-25 07:26:04.739 +0100
OS Version: macOS 11.0.1 (20B29)
Report Version: 12
Bridge OS Version: 5.0.1 (18P2561)
Anonymous UUID: ACE7448B-E3FF-5ACA-45C8-CD7D4EFE0F19

But it didn’t fix the problem for me.

Sorry for this bad news.
But, did it work for somebody else?

Hello!
I was having the same error as Alistar – after upgrading to Big Sur 11.0.1 on my MacBook Air (2017), Manager does not open and gives the same error as Alistar described above.

Following this thread, I downloaded the most updated version of Manager (Mac | Manager), unzipped it (ManagerServer-Mac-x64), then opened Terminal and entered the command as suggested above (./ManagerServer), but the Terminal sais:
./ManagerServer
-bash: ./ManagerServer: No such file or directory

I also tried with:
chmod a+x ManagerServer
chmod: ManagerServer: No such file or directory

Then I downloaded the Manager version from the front page of manager.io in a classic way, I opened the programme, but when I opened the last backup from my company’s data (add business, import business), it sais:
This business database is not valid
Manager data is stored in SQLite database. However it appears the file you are attempting to open is not a SQLite database.

What am I doing wrong?
I’m really worried, as it seems I have tried everything by now – and I tried several times.
Thanks for any help!

If you can open Manager in Big Sur, you should not have to import your business. Your data file should still be in the same place as it was in your application data folder. The business should appear on the Businesses page when you first launch Manager.

Why did you try to import a backup of your business?

It’s because the earlier version of Manager did not open at all after I upgraded to Big Sur (the same error such as Alistar had – image in the discussion above). So I had to download the new version of Manager, but this does not open the backup file from the old version.
Is there a (older) version of Manager available which opens old backup file, which I could then convert to SQLite?

See this response from the developer in another thread:

Ignore the fact that the other thread was about the same problem in Windows. The point is that you need a version old enough to still include the conversion script.

Yes, thanks, I saw this thread as well and figured this could help, but I don’t know where I can find a place to download the older version such as 20.9.89 for mac. The link above is for Windows.

So I downloaded the 20.9.89 for mac (simply changed the name of the link above, from msi to dmg), installed it, but then another kind of error appeared when importing the backup dataset:

Interestingly, the previous attempts to import the backup file are still visible on the business page and when opening them, the old kind of error appears. Could this be a problem that replacing an old version with a new one does not actually erase all the files/data in the Applications folder? Anyone has any ideas? Thank you so much in advance.