Taxable Payments Annual Report for Contractors

That is not all Sub Contractors are registered for GST (Suppliers)

OK, that was my oversight. Check the latest version (19.5.53)

You still need to make sure those non-GST purchases are under GST Free tax code.

Hi Lubos,
Yes the GSTFree has to be reported on the TPAR.

thank you

HiLubos,
Can the TPAR be programmed so that it can pickup all Suppliers marked (include this supplier in TPAR) - this way if there is no Invoice but a Cash Payment etc the supplier will still be recorded as registered to be included in the Report? - Thanking you,

@sxr8000, there is no connection in Manager between Payees on payment transactions and Suppliers. Just as you do not see cash payments on Supplier Statement reports (of transaction type), you will not get them on the TPAR.

Suppliers exist in Manager only as subsidiary ledgers of Accounts payable. So any reporting on suppliers must go through that account.

Thank You Tut,
My reason for the question comes from my only doing the work from Bank Statements I do not have the original invoice, my client pays her own accounts and I put together the Trading Figures from the Bank Statements supplied and any other relevant records. I do not use the Accounts Payable or Recievables for that business.

Well then, @sxr8000, you will not be able to use the TPAR report from Manager, because it depends entirely on data on Suppliers in Accounts payable. You will have to extract the information from the Receipts & Payments tab, searching on individual subcontractors’ names. A custom report will do you no good, because Payees’ are not exposed for general ledger transactions.

@sxr8000 as @Tut says, currently all TPAR purchases must be recorded as purchase invoices. This is currently a limitation of the system because cash payments cannot be associated with suppliers. There is a topic under ideas category to make it so you can associate cash sales with customers and cash purchases with suppliers. Once that is implemented, this report will automatically start picking up cash purchases as well.

Thank you Lubos,
Once that has been implemented it will make the program much more flexible.
Great work… Thanks again.

5 posts were split to a new topic: TPAR report transformation bug

Some screen shots here. Have I missed something

Sandy

The amounts work out fine under the Taxable Purchases by Supplier report

Can you show the purchase invoice edit and view screen ?

I can’t make out if the invoice recorded as for 2,000 or 2,500?
The edit screen show 2,000 tax exclusive but …

You can also drill down on the 227.27 in the Taxable Purchaces report to identify the source of the data

@Sandy, the GST 10% tax code should only have been applied on the purchase invoice. The payment of that purchase invoice has two errors:

• You applied a different tax code, GST 10% (CAPEX). I seriously doubt your payment to a subcontractor was for a capital expense.
  • You should not have used any tax code at all on the payment. The payment discharges a liability to the supplier. It does not represent another taxable purchase by your business.

Amounts on the TPAR are not picked up from payment forms, but from purchase invoices only.

Joe
I can give you guest access to the server if you want, easier than the screenshots.

Sandy

@Sandy, that is not how the forum works. Giving an anonymous user access to your server opens the possibility for security compromises and accusations of wrong-doing. If you want help from a user, post the screen shots they request.

Actually it was access to the manager install. I probably phrased it incorrectly. There is nothing of importance in the install, just evaluating. On a side note the access would not have worked as i just realized that that it only accessible from certain ip address’s.
Still trying to get TPAR to work, though it is not an critical part of the install.

@Sandy, if you didn’t see it, there is now a bug report about the TPAR: TPAR report transformation bug.

will come out NZ version? Or how to modify it to suit NZ?