Supplier Credit no longer auto adjust "amount due" on Purchase Invoice

Hello,

I paid $12 too much for a purchase invoice to a supplier called Depot. On the “Purchase Invoice” tab in Manager, it states the invoice was overpaid by $12. On the “Supplier” tab in Manager, I can see the supplier Depot has a $12 credit.

On my next invoice, I paid $12 less than the invoice amount. The invoice now states “overdue” on the “purchase invoice” tab. The credit from the supplier tab is gone however.

Even though I don’t owe or am owed by supplier Depot, these two invoices are highlighted in Manager. The last invoice states “overdue by 4 days” in red lettering. Previously in Manager, the amount due would automatically adjust when a new invoice is created against a supplier with positive or negative credit amount. This no longer seems to be the case in Manager. How do I apply the “credit” to the last invoice so manager doesn’t assume it hasn’t been paid in full?

please search the forum before posting new questions.

read the below topic just posted yesterday.

Hi,

That link was about sales invoices, not purchase invoices. Unfortunately Lubos didn’t provide information regarding how to deal with overpaid and underpaid purchase invoices. There doesn’t seem to be a credit account for my supplier either, so I can’t adjust the “underpaid” invoice to simply allocate part of the payment from the overpaid invoice.

Is there a way to deal with this for Purchase Invoices?

EDIT:
I see that the suggested approach is to allocate the overpayment and underpayment to individual invoices. Problem solved. Thanks!