Setting up Email settings with my email address

I am struggling with setting up my emails. My problem is similar to https://forum.manager.io/u/lizrauapart from that I do not use gmail. In am using my ISP SMTP settings.

It also does not save my password

Have you tried checking the Do not verify TLS certificate box?

And how do you know your password is not saved? It does not show when it is.

Also, unless your provider explicitly requires port 25, you should use port 587 for security.

@Tut Yes I have tried it with and without TLS. I know it does not save the PW, because everytime I test I must re-type PW.The port I ma using on outlook is 25. I did test it with 587 as well. It does not work.

This is the message for the password therefore it seems not to save the password

This is the screen with TLS ticked and port 587

Several things:

1. Which Edition (Desktop / Server indicate (Windows/Linux/Apple, or Cloud) and version of Manager (is at the very bottom of every Manager screen)) are you using?
  2. Disable the “Do not verify TLS certificate” when using port 587 as you enabled it in your screenshot.
  3. Click Update before Test email settings to ensure the password gets saved. You could try to open the Settings window in a non default browser because this may be related to a caching issue! Alternatively ensure to clear all caches on your system and browser.

Afrihost SMTP settings are also more secure using port 587 and thus do not use the very vulnerable port 25, also change it in whatever normal mail package you use assuming you can send and receive emails to the email address listed here.

@eko I am using: -

1. Windows 10 Desktop
  2. Manager 23.12.12.1221
  3. TLS Certificate. I have tried it on port 25 with and without TLS, I have tried it on port 587 with and without TLS. My normal email smtp = smtp.acrihost.co.za port 25

On your recommendations I did do the necessary changes. I still get the following: -

You need to update Manager. Your smtp is not acrihost but is correct in your screenshot. Also ensure that your computer AVG settings allow port 587 and 25 to sent, Smtp server no longer available - #34 by hugs

@eko The smtp.acrihost was just a typo.I have updated Manager to 24.1.11.1279. I am using Avira. Since changing to port 587, I have tested my regular normal email to send emails to various addresses and it works perfectly. Seems port 587 is not blocked by Avira

You email software is different. Please check the firewall and Avira settings. You should allow port 587.

According to this The difference between POP, IMAP & SMTP and which one to use | Help Centre (afrihost.com)

the email server should be smtp.afrihost.com

I suggest you contact afrihost support for help in your settings

1 Like

@Tut , @eko, @Joe91 I did contact my ISP (Afrihost). They informed me that I can only get it to work if I have a domain. I do not have a domain. Can Manager do something in the near future to handle this?

In that case just buy a cheap domain like $10/year.

@eko Ja right this is South Africa with !8 ZAR to 1 usd :sunglasses: :sunglasses: , but I will look into it

You could consider using a Google Mail account which is free.

I do have a google gmail as well.
2 step verification, but I think gmail smtp could be more complicated.

Can @lubos not do something about this perhaps?

No, is your email provider has nothing to do with Manager. You should look at Manager.io at the section about Gmail. Specifically:

generate an app password to use in the Password field thus DO NOT USE your usual gmail password.

I just Googled “Cheap Domain Names” and there are even some for less than 1 USD per year or about 18ZAR per year.

@eko I have done as per your link. It tests perfectly, but does not remember the password. I have cleared the cache. Any suggestions please?

@eko I cleared the cache of the browser again and it seems to be working 100% now. Thank you very much.

Great, please mark my solution as “solved” thanks.

Do I just tick Solution?