DESKTOP EDITION CLOUD EDITION SERVER EDITION GUIDES FORUM

Reports. Report title

Dear Tut,

May I ask how I can remove the word “Accrual Basis” away from the report as shown below.

Thank You
Regards

0 Likes

You cannot.

0 Likes

Dear Tut,

May I suggest to allow for changes in new version because in my country, they don’t read English language. It will be nice if we can add-in third language for them to read.

Thank You
Regards

0 Likes

Hello @emonchan5
Sorry, but your suggestion doesn’t make sense.
If you report your data in english this maens that they have no problem with the language .
If you report your data in other language this will mean that you should change entirely the IU language.

0 Likes

@emonchan5, your screen shot shows your language preference is set to English, but that you have created or edited some account or group names to include another language. Hard-coded content of reports, such as the accrual or cash basis annotation in the heading of the Profit and Loss Statement, appear in the language set under Preferences. See https://www.manager.io/guides/9156. Note that not all languages have been completely translated by their translation teams. If a term is not yet translated, it will appear in English.

0 Likes

Apparently it is technically difficult to do so implementation of the idea has been deferred, see Preferences Language.
From a general practical perspective, dual language customisation is going to be difficult due to

• Double the space is required for all titles
  • Customisation once for each language is a significant task. Their are far more pairs of languages which could be simultaneously shown.
  • Program performance implementation identified earlier

Other programs such as GnuCash do attempt to support this type of functionality with a language specifiable for user, supplier and customer. Clearly a major feature to embark on, as such looking for a work around or ways of working with what is available is likely to be more rewarding.

0 Likes

Dear Tut,

Yes. Thank You. I am glad you noticed it too.

Regards
Thanks

0 Likes

Dear Patch,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I can see the difficulties as explained. I will do a workaround.
BTW, I was once a programmer and I can see the pain in doing it. Thanks

Regards
Calvin

0 Likes