Programme is freezing or running extremely slow

@icrashin2000, your last description exactly matches what I experienced in terms of the random variability of the problem. The only difference is that I’ve not had it freeze while I was actually entering keystrokes. Otherwise, the seconds-to-many-minutes description is spot-on.

I still haven’t had it freeze since disabling App Nap, despite making a point to totally hide the Manager window. I will keep testing.

While “Nap App” can be cause of some issues, I don’t think disabling it for Manager is a guaranteed solution to work. These issues have been present before OS X Mavericks (before “Nap App” was introduced).

Whatever is causing this, I think I have an idea how to fix it now.

Just an update: after disabling App Nap, I have now run Manager intermittently for one day and non-stop for a second day without a freeze-up. This has never happened before.

As I mentioned before when I fixed my start date as Lubos suggested, I had no further problems, maybe one freeze some 6 months ago, but nothing since, I tend to just let the programme run, I don’t minimise, but after reading about this App Nap, I disabled it and would you believe it within minutes the programme had frozen, had to force quit, unticked the App Nap box, no more problems so far. I am also running a Mac with Yosemite

Unfortunately I also get the same issue on my Macbook Air. I’m running Yosemite on both machines.

@Tut: Sounds really promising! Until I read the experience of icrashin2000 and norfolkislandam! Coincidence maybe? Anyway, I thought it was worth a try.

Glad to hear Lubos has an idea how to fix it!

Another update: It took 5 days–a record without freeze-up–but Manager froze on me, despite App Nap being disabled. So I guess my period of good luck was just a random anomaly.

I downloaded manager and saved it to a flash drive… Then i save and install the program to the deskstop. Its working. Then i saved and install it again on another computer (using the same flash drive) its still working… But when i saved and install it again with a third computer, its not working anymore. I cant even add new business. There is no add new business tab. What it had is add business , not add new business. And also it has no import business tab.

The current version has an Add Business button, not an Add New Business button. That button is a dropdown button with options for Create New Business or Import Backup.

Your posting did not make clear whether all three installations were from the same flash drive file or were independent downloads. But it sounds like you have mixed versions. Manager advances rapidly, sometimes with several updates per week.

The best practice is to download the current version directly from the Manager web site for each installation. If you’ve done that and still have problems, please post explicit information about what you’ve done so someone can diagnose the problem.

Thank you. I will try to download it again directly to the desktop

I downloaded directly to the desktop from the manager site… Then i installed the manager program… It does not work… I cant click the add business button… The remove business button is missing.

The Remove Business button may be missing because no business has yet been added. I’m not sure about that and cannot test it without deleting my own business. @lubos could confirm this.

As to why you cannot click on the Add Business dropdown, I have no clue.

Maybe tthere is a compatibility issue with my desktop… I dont know… Im using windows 7

@tyfarmaaccounting, this happens when Javascript is disabled in your Internet Explorer under “Intranet” context.

The easiest way to fix this is:

1. Go to Control Panel
  2. Click Internet Options
  3. Select Security tab
  4. Click once on Local intranet icon to select it
  5. Increase security level from Low to Medium-low
  6. Click OK to save changes.

Now try to launch Manager again.

It is still not working on my other desktop, but it is working on my other two desktop. Im using the desktop version by the way.

after downloading and install in my desktop… when i click the manager to open… this is what i get

Are you sure you have installed the latest version? Based on the error message, I don’t think so.

If we install the latest version, will the Manager file for the business be updated? Or will we need to export everything, then re - import it into a fresh new Manager file?

When you upgrade, Manager will automatically roll over data from older version to new version.

New Update of Software is freezing and working very Slow 17.4.17
Attention required on this issue