PAYG summary

hmmm … ok , I will check this stuff again

You can also create a test business and enter a small amount of dummy data as a quick check to may sure your installation is otherwise OK. It should also demonstrate how it is suppose to work.

Hmmm … I think I am getting there .
When I create a Payslip Summary it shows up in the STPR and when I create a STPR it shows up in the Payslip Summaries . Are they one and the same ?
The Payslip Summary can be viewed but the STPR cannot as it still closes the program .
This is all happening in the Desktop version as I am not using the Cloud version until this is all sorted .
PAYG individual summary closes the program also when view is clicked .
I have gone over the Employee and Payslip items as suggested but still no good .
Actually , when I click create after producing the STPR it opens as a Payslip Summary . Any time after that when I go to view it closes the program .
Summerhill

Those reports have never crashed Manager for me which means either

1. You are doing something the program does not expect

2. Your business has entries in it which are not valid

3. Your business is corrupt

4. Your installation is corrupt (less likely as you also have problems with the cloud version)

I strongly suggest you simply things and get something working.

1. Create a new empty Manager business Add a new business | Manager

2. Customise to enable Bank accounts, REceipt & Payments, Employees, Payslips Simplify Manager | Manager

3. Import the localisation for Australia Add localized settings and features | Manager and https://www.manager.io/localizations/au/

4. Add an employee Enter employees | Manager

5. Create a payslip item Set up payslip items | Manager https://www.manager.io/localizations/au/92b3815438fc479aa2962019f656d1e2
    For earnings

Deductions

Contributions

Achieving
    05%20Payslip%20items

6. Create a payslip Issue payslips | Manager

7. Go to Reports → Single Touch Payroll Worksheet → New Report STP%20report

8. Which should show (I had to go into it a second time as the first time it showed payslip summary. And yes it appears the report periods are shared)

Well , It doesn’t get any more exciting than this !!

Taking your advice and setting up a test business caused me to notice a couple of things .

When I set up Payslip items I was selecting a wages and salary expense heading that I had created instead of leaving the grayed out default wages and salary account heading there .
Not yet sure of what other implications that has for how I have got everything set up but the main thing is that everything works as it should .
My accountant can help me with that too as I have set them up as a user .
Thankyou .

Creating accounts identically named to the default system created accounts could well cause Manager a problem as it would prevent Manager setting up and using it’s required accounts. There is the scope for enhanced error detection and reporting :smirk:

I have used the facility to direct charges to non system accounts without issue.

Glad you got it working.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Missing supplier transactions