GST Calculation Worksheet

Hi

The GST Calculation worksheet is coming with 0 values whereas I can see proper values in Tax Audit and Tax Summary calculations.

This is the first time I have encountered the issue.

Can you please help me how to resolve it?

Go to Settings and import the Australian Business Activity Statement.

Hi Tony…If I click on Import it says open from this computer and points me to browse for a file from the local computer. Since everything is coming correctly in Tax Summary and Tax Audit reports just not sure what I am missing.

What version of Manager are you using? Newer versions of manager come with all localisations so you just select from a menu.
The new localisations are also incompatible with the old versions of Manager.

I suspect you will need to update Manager to a more current version.

I am using 19.7.40. I am using cloud edition and was under impression that cloud editions gets updated automatically.

Who’s cloud
That version is 15 months old and about a thousand versions behind
Software Version: Determine version number
https://www.manager.io/download/
Business Localization: Import localization settings and features

Visit https://cloud.manager.io/ and restart your cloud server under Troubleshooting. (You will probably have to scroll down to see it.) Have you really remained logged in since July 2019?

Nobody on cloud edition is more than a few days behind.

Hi…Sorry for getting back so late but I am on 20.10.53 version now and the values in BAS-Full is coming empty. Only I can see the W2 amount coming but the rest of the values are 0. The Tax Summary is coming correct though.

• Backup your manager businesses
  • Update Manager to the current version
  • Look again at the localisation transformation report

Hi…i have done all of that before contacting you. I am on cloud edition and not sure how that gets updated as I believe it is an automatic process.

If you are really on the cloud edition, you are not on version 20.10.53. You would be on 21.2.35 or close to that.

Who’s cloud?
NG Software (the developers/ owners of Manager accounting software) run and maintain the server version of Manager on an internet accessible network of computers. They sell Manager software as a service via their cloud product. See Cloud Edition - Manager.io that product is always current.

NG Software also sell a license to run the server version of Manager. Other users can then run this on internet accessible computers and sell that service to other users. The reliability and maintenance of that service will vary depending on who is administering and maintaining that system. It may also become out of date.

Users can also buy and install the server version of Manager on a computer or virtual computer they control. The Maintence of that system then is entirely the users responsibility. See https://www.manager.io/server/

In summary if your version of Manager is currently any thing near 20.10.53 then you do not have the NG Software cloud version of Manager. And your computer administrator has not updated Manager for about 4 months.

Hi Patch…I have already contacted our computer admin and will update you if the issue persists.

I just wanted to check does being on 20.10.53 will cause BAS - Full statement values to come blank?

Then instal the desktop version on your computer and check.

I strongly recommend you also backup as I initially recommended.

Hi Patch

Downloaded the desktop version and uploaded the backup file and result is still the same.

Works fine for me.
Manager desktop and server v21.2.35 and many others.
So some questions

• Has the GST worksheet ever worked with that business? The GST worksheet only works with the tax codes included in the localisation (actually the GUID of the tax codes, the human readable names are not used). If so find and recode maybe useful to correct older entries.

• When did the GST Worksheet last work for you, or more particularly what Manager version?

• Is there anything in the suspense account

Hi Patch
The answer to your queries is as below

• GST has been working fine for the business ever since I signed up. Tax codes were imported in the beginning and never had to do it again.

• GST Worksheet was working in version 19.7.40 before I upgraded to later versions.

• Yes, the suspense account has only 1 transaction.

Hi Patch

Can you please respond to my last message?

I think it might just be the allocation issue to correct account for values to come properly. The values under W1 and W2 are coming correctly and rest of the sheet is showing 0 values.

I have a BAS deadline coming up soon so any help would be much appreciated.

Check the actual tax codes…there was an issue a while back and I know I had to re-allocate the tax codes to GST payable.