Email Just Stopped Working

Mac OS 10.15.5 (screenshot)
Manager 20.7.37 (screenshot)

Hello All,
I hope you can help. I went to email an invoice this morning but after clicking on send, it just seemed to time out. I went to settings to test the email configuration but that seemed to do the same thing. I have changed nothing in the settings since it was originally set up and working.

I have the same email configuration setup on my mac mail and it tests fine. Do you have any suggestions I can try? Please let me know if I need to supply any more information.

Thanks so much for your help!

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 10.57.27 AM

as you have hidden the name of your email server, any help in generic

Have you followed the troubleshooting guidelines in the guide Troubleshoot email issues | Manager

I have emailed a document using V 20.7.37 (on Windows 10 PC) which that would indicate that the email code in Manager is working as expected

@fourtsr, this is not a Manager problem. I just verified with macOS 10.15.5 and Manager v20.7.37.

Did the problem start after 11 June? I also had this problem

Still having the same problem. I am able to send and receive emails from mac mail with no problem with the same settings I have in Manager. Is there anything you could point me to look for please. Sorry to be such a pest.

Since you have obscured the important information in your email settings, it is not possible to offer any suggestions. I suspect, however, that you have your SMTP hostname or credentials incorrect. It is very possible that your email provider changed its protocols, as security procedures are constantly being tightened. Have you contacted them?

Thanks so much for getting back to me so soon.
Like I said my mail program works just fine with the following configurations
Secure SSL/TLS Settings (Recommended)
username: tonyq@theworldof4tdotcom
smtp server: a2plcpnl0366.prod.iad2.secureserverdotnet
port: 587
Non-SSL Settings (NOT Recommended)
username: tonyq@theworldof4tdotcom
smtp server: mail.theworldof4tdotcom
port: 587

I tried both configurations in manager to no avail.
My host is godaddydotcom

I used dot for the .

As I said earlier, you obscured the most important information on the screen shot of your Manager email settings. But it is possible to tell that the SMTP server hostname you have entered does not match what you just wrote is required for your provider’s recommended settings.

Thank yo so much for getting back to me so quickly. I have included additional screenshots without any masking. The two screenshots of the manager email config is so you can see the whole name of the smtp server name. I also included a screenshot of my mail config so you can compare the information. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

that is a weird hostname.
is godaddy your email provider or is it just for your domain?
you can find your server and port settings in the Workspace Control Center of godaddy.

Yes godady is me email host webhost and domain provider

On the ie.godaddy.com website the email settings are

I don’t think manager supports port 465 but maybe 25 will work

Thanks so much for getting back to me. The smtp settings on my mail program on my mac is the same smtp name and port that is included in the manager email settings. Are you able to see the screenshot of both the mail and manager settings? The mail program works fine with no problem. And although the manager email settings are the same and worked previously. The manager mail just stopped working one day.

The email feature in Manager was changed some time ago to address security issues

You have not said what version of Manager you were using when it was working
You have not said what version of Manager you are using now
So it is not possible to say why it was working before and not now

Have you tried the settings I indicated in my post which come from the Godaddy website?

Just because the settings in your email program work, does not imply that they will work in Manager. The two programs are distinct and probably handle email in a different manner

Im sorry I should have directed you to my first post where there are screen shots of the os and the version of the manager that was working. The screen shots are still available at the top of this thread. As far as your suggestion. Thank you for that. I did try that with both 587 and 25 ports and that did not work. Thanks for your help.

instead of other users guessing your email settings, you could simply login to your godaddy account and check for your email server settings as suggested in my earlier reply.

try the settings provided in your email provider’s website in another email program also (other than the currently working mail) on your mac so that we can confirm if Manager alone has issues sending emails.

Thank you for your response. I have posted my email settings a number of times that came from both my current email program that work and from the godaddy website (they are the same) I have also provided screen shots of all the settings. Are you not able to see them? Do you have any suggestions on how I can be clearer in giving information? I have also downloaded thunderbird and installed it. I setup the client with the same information found in the email client screenshot and it was sending and receiving mail successfully.

I will leave this to Mac user to progress further

thank you for your response

have you made sure any mac firewall settings or other apps are interfering with Manager from accessing the network? these maybe and not limited to an OS update, antivirus update or other recently installed apps.