Virus (treat) found on recent Manager desktop download file

Today (30.10.2015) while downloading windows version (MSI format) of Desktop edition of Manager file from Download | Manager, found that the file is having IDP.ARES.Generic virus embedded on it. After installation, I clicked desktop shortcut and the antivirus identifies the virus and deletes the installed file from system making Manager unusable. I restored to the previous version as I had old version. Given below screenshot.

Go to https://www.virustotal.com and upload any files that you are concerned about. Sometimes you get what is called a false positive on your own system. If you get a warning, it is usually best not to install the software, but for something like Manager where one can clearly see an active forum and its an accounting program rather than a dodgy pirate download of movie etc, then it makes sense to use an online scanner to check the file in addition to your own anti virus system

Virustotal has a dozen or two dozen virus scanners. I uploaded manager and its clean on their site and my anti virus Avira also finds nothing! I suspect that your anti virus just isn’t sure so it flagged it to be safe!

It’s false positive.

I think it’s the AVG error.

I reported false positive on AVG site. Also made exception on AVG scanning section through Options → Advance Settings → Exception. Now its working.

I also write software and when I compiled my program I discovered that by shear chance the ones and noughts were exactly the same signature as a known virus. It’s just possible that the same has happened here. You’re downloading from a trusted site so just ignore it.