Vat information on sales invoice

@lubos Awesome stuff! :tada:

@lubos would it be possible to add this to the recurring invoices form as well?

1 Like

I’m still wondering about these two points.

How come tax code and tax amount needs to be shown within the line if there is only single line and tax code and tax amount is repeated again in totals section?

I really don’t know what more to add here beyond what has already been said and the examples of invoices pasted above.

I agree that this particular case is kind of redundant but I don’t make the rules.

@lubos on 22.7.13.198 it seems like the New Layout button doesn’t do anything. I have to click both New layout and Show tax amount column. Is this expected behavior?

Also both of these segments are not translatable.

1 Like

Also the Price column that appears if using discount.
Also is the New layout theming ready or not?

Yes. Themes only control appearance, not content or column order.

Have you tried it, or just assuming? I had made a copy of Plain default theme, and use that. Not the same as without that “custom” theme.

I do not understand, @MarV.

Why would you do this? If you want the default theme, don’t select any custom theme.

This is the part of your post I don’t understand. What is not the same? And what custom theme are you referring to? I do not see how custom themes have anything to do with VAT information on sales invoices, which is what this topic is about.

Just for a test, to start new custom theme for example.

So you haven’t try obviously. Here.

Custom theme derived from Plain build in theme without changes at all.

I think you see the missing totals row at bottom of table.

You could have mentioned that it’s the column totals row from the start instead of speaking in riddles. You need to be more specific so others can give you meaningful responses.

Anyway, certain elements of the document layout are done using extensions like:

• Amount in words
  • QR codes
  • Column totals row

It would have been nice if those things were exposed to themes but it isn’t the end of the world since all of these things can be coded inside of your custom theme, save for the QR code.

No riddle, just need to try it. So simple. I was asking a question to @lubos and I think he undestands.

I why would I coded for example the totals row, when the data is there in the first place? Themes should be used for changing appearance, data should be there.

The totals row is based on a calculation made when rendering the theme and is not part of existing data but part of the theme.

@MarV, your screen shots in post #38 don’t make sense. Are you saying these were both produced from the same version of the program? If you copied the code for the Plain theme and made no changes, you would obtain the same result because you would be using the same code.

I actually wanted to report similar and unfortunately this is not the case in the Server Edition (Ubuntu 20.0.4). I was surprised about it and only managed to fix it by first creating backups for each business, then removing each business and then reimporting them.

If I understand what you are saying, @eko, your problem resolved without any action related to themes. That does not point to a theme problem. That suggests a possible error in the database conversion script that would have been part of the updated version.

@Tut It doesn’t make sense I would agree. But indeed I just made a copy of Plain theme and use it. No modifications, nothing. Again, I have to ask you, have you tried?
Here is my edit screen part regarding themes and new layout

I was finally able to reproduce the issue with the column totals row and investigate when it happens. I will submit a standalone bug report, because this discussion has been too convoluted to understand easily.

1 Like

@lubos just an reminder of this, to include it for Translation.

Also the Label of the Price column that appears on invoices, when there is Discount (see image)