Vat information on sales invoice

This is not true. Your NEW example either has no tax codes applied or is not a receipt or payment.

This is also not true. Manager calculated the tax amount regardless of whether the transaction was tax-inclusive or tax-exclusive. The difference was in how the tax was calculated. The method of calculation has not changed. Only the display has changed. See https://www.manager.io/guides/9502 for information on the tax calculation methods.

The change only applies to receipts and payments. It has not been implemented on sales invoices. Perhaps it will be, since the developer left the topic in the ideas category.

It is TRUE. It is the same Receipt, with and without Amounts are tax inclusive checked. You can see by your self if you have looked better, that everything else is the same (description, qty, unit price, tax rate). Look better before replying. How can there be VAT column in %, if I didn’t applied tax codes.
But not to talk without proof here you are:
Without “Amounts are tax inclusive” checked

With “Amounts are tax inclusive” checked

Edit screen

Is all OK ?

Again you jump into conclusions. I didn’t said that calculation is changed. I said that if I want new column in display, I will have to set checkbox to unchecked, thus it will change the calculation. Do you agree ? Have a try in old receipt where you had Amounts are tax inclusive checked. Now you want to show Tax Amount column, and therefor you have to uncheck the checkbox. IS IT THE SAME RECEIPT in total? Have you even tried the new function.

Yes, of course, I understand well from Lubos post. Also he said “But since receipts and payments work almost the same as invoices, you can have a look how it is implemented.”. So was just talking to him about implementation, that maybe will be transferred in future to Invoices. As I understood Lubos is testing it like this, on a much benign position in Receipts/Payments than directly in Invoices.

I apologize if I misinterpreted your post, @MarV. It was very confusing. There are several reasons why:

• Although you said one image was OLD and one was NEW, the totals do not match. If they were the same receipt from older and newer program versions, the totals would be the same.
  • You did not show enough of the finished transactions to know whether they were receipts, sales invoices, purchase invoices, or something else. You should notice that the topic of this thread is “VAT information on sales invoice.” Since you did not specify what the screen shots were from, there was a chance they were showing sales invoices. In fact, that was one of the possibilities I mentioned.
  • You wrote in post #12 that you had made “enormous theme modification and calculations.” Combined with the partial screen shots mentioned in the previous point, that meant I did not know what I was looking at or what your modified theme might be displaying.
  • The forum is in English. You could have temporarily changed your language preference so other forum members could interpret what you posted. Whatever language you are using, I can’t read it. So I guessed based on layout.

Your new illustrations at least show the full receipts, so we know what they are. These are clearly tax-inclusive and tax-exclusive for the same input unit prices. That is much different than old and new, which is what you claimed you were showing last time.

Actually, what you said was, “…checkbox Amounts are tax inclusive til this change, has nothing to do with real VAT calculations.” That is what I was saying is not true. The checkbox definitely has everything to do with real VAT calculations, whether it is checked or unchecked. When you change the checkbox, the total changes.

Yes, I agree with this statement. But that is not what you said the first time.

No, because of the change in tax calculation. If you want the same total, you must change the unit prices when switching between inclusive and exclusive pricing. This is why I am able to tell your original two screen shots, labeled as OLD and NEW are not the same transaction. Most likely, one is inclusive and one is exclusive. But with your theme modifications, I cannot be sure.

Yes. Extensively.

Ohhhh, you don’t even read or look at photos. Post #12 was about Invoices, but from there down, Lubos told to check Receipts/Payments so OLD/NEW was about that.

But OK. is the Photos previous post of mine same down at Totals section ?
Are they same in my earlier Post, little upper.
NO in both cases, no matter if you don’t understand the language. Both are receipts, both are with tax codes, etc. So either you don’t understand what I em referring to or … (Do you want earlier photos in English ???)
Once again, I was not speaking of Totals as numbers. The look and feel of Totals section display is DIFFERENT. Please see post #21, I have circle it with red, so there was no reason for not understanding what I wanted to say. DISPLAY is not the same in Totals section.
And NO in this case I don’t use custom themes, it is plain, default receipt theme.
And If you said you did extensively tested the option, you are telling me you didn’t notice change in totals section bellow table ?

I never said that.

This back-and-forth over who said what is not productive. Let me try to finish it by saying that the program functions as the developer said it does. If you believe you have identified a case where that does not happen, please illustrate and explain it.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Tax subtotal field missing when a “tax exclusive” Receipt / Payment

Sorry, but may I say how lucky we are here on Norfolk Island, even though we are a part of Australia, we are not required to pay gst on purchases, and likewise we do not charge gst on sales

Hello MarV,

Thanks for your detailed replies. Would you please share code of your custom theme for sales invoice with vat amount column? Thank

In the latest version (22.7.4.161)

Tax code and tax amount will show on every line item. For now, you need to check New layout option when creating new invoice.

@lubos Awesome stuff! :tada:

@lubos would it be possible to add this to the recurring invoices form as well?

1 Like

I’m still wondering about these two points.

How come tax code and tax amount needs to be shown within the line if there is only single line and tax code and tax amount is repeated again in totals section?

I really don’t know what more to add here beyond what has already been said and the examples of invoices pasted above.

I agree that this particular case is kind of redundant but I don’t make the rules.

@lubos on 22.7.13.198 it seems like the New Layout button doesn’t do anything. I have to click both New layout and Show tax amount column. Is this expected behavior?

Also both of these segments are not translatable.

1 Like

Also the Price column that appears if using discount.
Also is the New layout theming ready or not?

Yes. Themes only control appearance, not content or column order.

Have you tried it, or just assuming? I had made a copy of Plain default theme, and use that. Not the same as without that “custom” theme.

I do not understand, @MarV.

Why would you do this? If you want the default theme, don’t select any custom theme.

This is the part of your post I don’t understand. What is not the same? And what custom theme are you referring to? I do not see how custom themes have anything to do with VAT information on sales invoices, which is what this topic is about.

Just for a test, to start new custom theme for example.

So you haven’t try obviously. Here.

Custom theme derived from Plain build in theme without changes at all.

I think you see the missing totals row at bottom of table.

You could have mentioned that it’s the column totals row from the start instead of speaking in riddles. You need to be more specific so others can give you meaningful responses.

Anyway, certain elements of the document layout are done using extensions like:

• Amount in words
  • QR codes
  • Column totals row

It would have been nice if those things were exposed to themes but it isn’t the end of the world since all of these things can be coded inside of your custom theme, save for the QR code.