User Permission In Desktop Edition

Hi,
I have a small Business and I am a big fan of Manager but I have some issue.
I am using Manager last 1 one year. Now I have 1 Employ. He is also work on Manager.
And He is Creating Invoice, Receipts and Payment some times he done wrong, he modify invoice or delete invoice which is wrong. I want a control on him.
So I suggest you, Include a Feature with Users Permission in desktop edition. Which is Very Important for growing business.

This feature is available in Server Edition and Could Edition only

Hi @ramrang_studio - the reason the user access permissions aren’t in Desktop Edition is because it’s the free product, and doesn’t have a login screen.

The paid products are how the developer covers his expenses, so having control over how users access the application is unique to those paid options - Cloud and Server Edition.

If you feel that it is important to restrict your employee’s access, I recommend that you sign up for a free trial on Cloud Edition and look at what options are available.

This guide is helpful: https://www.manager.io/guides/9162

Manager is the best free accounting software I have ever seen, it even comes with free updates. It can’t be better.

Cloud Edition Have User Control. But if I want to give only a feature control to a user than I cannot do that.
e.g. In Cloud, I have a Firm Name X and I am Administrator and I have a Employ Name Devide. Now I create a account for him and give permission to access Firm Name X. But At that Condition, He gets full control on Firm X. Whereas I want give only permission to create Invoice & Receipt not give permission to modify or delete Invoice or Receipt or Both.

Yes This is Correct Sever Edition Have this feature but Small Business have no need to have such type of edition.

Yes this is right. And I am Big Fan of it. But You are a Owner of Small Business and have One or Two Employs. So You want to conceal your business detail to your employs. You Never want, they teasing with your Firm Accounts.

Yes This is Correct. This Feature is Available in Sever Edition.

You can already do this.

The guide that I already linked to above explains how: https://www.manager.io/guides/9162

It is also in Cloud Edition, it’s not only in Server Edition. The screenshot I posted above actually comes from Cloud Edition.

I agree that a small business shouldn’t need to worry about setting up their own web server, etc. That’s why the cloud edition exists :slight_smile:

Which is why online versions exist, so that you can do exactly this. Cloud Edition is definitely better suited to a small business in most cases than Server Edition.

And the Desktop Edition exists for those that don’t need user access controls. It sounds like you are big enough to have outgrown the Desktop Edition now, which is great!

Thanks for the help, I got it, what is i miss. And Again Thanks of It :grinning:

Hey @Tut and @lubos even if User Permission is for a paid service cloud and Server edition for proper and Secure of Information for Desktop user you can gave us a Test of User Permission to allow just To person to manage the Office Program no one can edit or do anything than Permised People I hope you will be considered we are not secured

@Kandrossy, you are responding on a thread more than three years old. It is obsolete. And the desktop edition does not allow multiple users.