Main user & limited user

Could you please offer a main user for manager for example and add limited access user for sales men for example. So the manager can limit access to sales men to do sales invoice only.

Hi - A possible way to do this would be to have an Admin Super User who would be responsible for the configuration of Manager. They could then add users and give them access to the various modules by means of a user profile for each user. The attached screen shot is one possibility…

1 Like

I’m planning to add role-based access control sometime next month or the month after (there are a few more modules I want to release before jumping into this). It is going to be very similar to what @iangpm has proposed.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot

any updates on this issue… when can we expect to see detailed user restriction … and in which version??

This feature will be released before end of this month.

Once you add the option for higher restrictions on users, will there also be reporting of which user made what entries in to the system for purposes of accountability?

That feature is called audit trail. It is coming too but no ETA at the moment.

User access control has been added into the latest version (14.3.15). To setup user permissions, go to Settings, then User Permissions. When you set user to have Limited access, you will be able to restrict user only to specific parts of the program.

1 Like

Good software man, its user friendly

There is no User option in Setting.
I need user to be limited for desire lab only like salesman can edite or ceate sale invoices only.
If that function is available then i`m planing to shift into cloude version.

Available in Cloud Edition at top of home page - not Settings tab

0 HP Users

I need user to be limited for desire lab only like salesman can edite or ceate sale invoices only.
If that function is available then i`m planing to shift into cloude version.

Please help

As @Brucanna said, the user restrictions are available in Cloud and Server editions of Manager.
It is not available in Desktop edition.

You can start using the Cloud edition as a trial and check for yourself.

I`ve checked but no option

only business selection option available

have you read the guide? Create users | Manager

The link @sharpdrivetek posted answers this for you. The main part you are missing is then going back to the Users screen and assigning permissions per business.

If you still have problems after having read the guide and attempted to follow those steps in your copy of Cloud Edition, we would be happy to help you out.