Unhandled exeption when trying to print

When i try to print an invoice I get the following error message:
ScreenShot
My OS is Windows 10 and I use the latest version of Manager Desptop.

“Latest version” is not very informative - what version number and edition (Cloud, Server, Desktop) are you using?

What exactly are you trying to print?

It also looks like you are using an import of a business that has been backed up and imported multiple times

The filename "Vaandel Uitgewers (2020-02-12)(2021-09-…etc. " maybe unreadable by your print application and thus throw an exception status. Change the name, thus click on rename next to the filename when in Summary tab.

This also raises the questoin of why is your business name so long?

How exactly are you managing the business files - it seems as if it is not the normal manner of managing a business in Manager

Thank you for your quick respose Joe91 and eko!

I changed the name to the original Vaandel Uitgewers, and can still only print one invoice with my Samsung printer, but not a second one - then I get this error message, and have to restart Manager with the same results.

My Manager is the Desktop edition, version 21.11.70.

And yes, I am using an import of a business that has been backup and imported quite a few times

I have been using Manager for many, many years and never had this problem printing invoices.

I also tried the “troubleshoot compatablity” with no success.

Regards

Adriaan

Thank you for your quick respose eko and Joe91

I changed the name to the original Vaandel Uitgewers, and can still print only one invoice with my Samsung printer, but not a second one - then I get this error message, and have to restart Manager with the same results.

My Mangager is the Desktop edition, version 21.11.70.

And yes, I am using an import of a business that has been backup and imported quite a few times

I have been using Manager for many, many years and never had this problem printing invoices.

I also tried the “troubleshoot compatablity” with no success.

If you can print one invoice and not another, that would seem to indicate that the problem is with the invoice - can you show the edit screen of the invoice in question?

What do you mean by I can print one but not a second one?

Can you explain in more detail what exactly you are doing?

Hi!

Thanks for getting back.

No, I don’t think the problem is with the invoice. I can print any invoice in the program, but after it has printed and I move on to a different invoice and print it, I immediately get that error message. I am unsure what you mean by an ‘edit screen’ can you please be more specific? In the past I have printed hundreds of such invoices without any problems

Thank you

Adriaan

:

Invoice 17887.pdf (86.7 KB)

Ok, that is more informative.

You need to show more details of the error by clicking on the Details button

This is a problem of the interface between Manager and your OS - hard to say which is at fault

What is version number of OS?

My OS version number is 21H1

The Details are 25 pages. Do you want it all?

I solved the problem by uninstalling version 21.11.70 and re-installed my old version 21.11.49 and then run Manager as administrator.
Question: Does that mean I will never be able to update Manager again?
Thanks for your help eko and Joe91. I really do appreciate it.

which printer driver are you using to save as pdf after your click the Print button?
is it the default Save as PDF or some other printer driver provided by a third party software?

I am on Windows 10 x64 - 21H2 Manager version 21.11.70 and experiencing no such issues you described.

No, my default is not “save as pdf”. I am using a SAMSUNG ML-191X 252X SERIES printer for years now.