Unable to get Inventory drop down list after updating to new version

Hi Team,
I am using Desktop version from last 2 years and had updated the software on regular interval, but today i am facing an weird problem after updating the software to 18.8.10 version,

The problem is when try to create new sales invoice or purchase invoice it doesn’t show the drop down list of inventory (pic attached), seems like it just keep searching list.

Even i had tried to reinstall the previous version it say’s " (your backup is with newer version, kindly update to new version") and software doesn’t go ahead.

Request you to solve this issue

Don’t know where you got your update from but the latest version is 18.9.56

I suggest you update to this and try again. Be sure to download from the official Manager website

Hi Jeo,

As per your update, i had updated latest version from official manager website, still issue remains the same. Kindly guide with another solution.

Please post screen shots of the edit screens for your Inventory Items, Non-Inventory Items and Inventory Kits if any.

Which Desktop version are you using - Windows, Mac, Ubuntu, etc?

Hi Joe,
Please find attached screenshot for your reference. I am using Window 10 Home Edition

@Nayan_Mahajan, several things you have posted raise questions.

• Version 18.8.10 is from August 17th of this year. I don’t know when you downloaded that version, but there have been well over 100 updates since then. Your description of the situation makes it sound like you downloaded from a third-party software distributor. Such sites are known to frequently have corrupted software. So please, install again directly from Download | Manager.

• The file you are showing screen shots from was a backup made August 18, 2018. If you have now tried to use that imported business with several different versions, it could be corrupted. Why are you using a backup? Do you still have the original business file? Is there a reason you cannot open it?

• Why do you have so many tabs enabled that you are not using? (All those showing zero in their counter windows in the left navigation pane after two years of using the program.) Disable the ones you are not using by clicking on Customize and unchecking them.

Hi Tut,
Let me explain / clear your doubts with complete scenario to help you out.

Question 1:
Version 18.8.10 is from August 17th of this year. I don’t know when you downloaded that version, but there have been well over 100 updates since then. Your description of the situation makes it sound like you downloaded from a third-party software distributor. Such sites are known to frequently have corrupted software. So please, install again directly from Download | Manager.

Ans:

1. I always backup with “Download | Manager” i never used third party sites to update or install
  2. My Latest back was done as on 18/08/2018 of my data before updating the software at that point the software was working perfectly fine for me.
  3. On same date 18/08/2018 after taking backup i had updated software from the Manager website only.
  4. After updating when i trying to create new Sales Invoice i had found this Inventory Item drop down issue (Awaited for 15 -20 min.) still it wasn’t showing up the list and also rechecked after restarting the Laptop, but still the issue didn’t get solved
  5. Later today as per update from Joe I had again updated the software with latest version from Manager website but still issue is the same.

Question 2
The file you are showing screen shots from was a backup made August 18, 2018. If you have now tried to use that imported business with several different versions, it could be corrupted. Why are you using a backup? Do you still have the original business file? Is there a reason you cannot open it?
Ans:

1. I am sure Imported business file is corrupted or not; If it is corrupted then kindly let me know to the steps to repair the same
  2. I am using the the backup bcoz it has the latest data backup done as on 18/08/2018
  3. No dont had original business file to open it after uninstalling and reinstalling with latest Version as per Joe update.

Question 3
Why do you have so many tabs enabled that you are not using? (All those showing zero in their counter windows in the left navigation pane after two years of using the program.) Disable the ones you are not using by clicking on Customize and unchecking them.
Ans:

1. So many tabs really doesn’t matter with my current issue. Does unchecking will really solve my current issue?

Thanks

@Nayan_Mahajan - When you download and install an update do you first “save” the download before installing or do you just install over a previous version.

Unless you purposely removed the original business using the Remove button, it is still listed on your Businesses page. Open it and see if the problem persists there. (The business should be listed as Quick Media Services, without the date in parentheses.)

If if you did remove it, Manager did not destroy that file. It will still be in your application data folder and can be re-imported unless you purposely deleted it from there.

No, it will just simplify your interface.

For what it’s worth
I downloaded Manager 18.8.4 on 17 Aug 2018
& downloaded manager 18.8.13 on 20 Aug 2018

Does the Inventory List problem only occur with Invoices or is it also seen with Purchase invoices and Delivery Notes?

This might help to localise the problem to the Invoice module or to a general problem with your Inventory Items.

Have you tried adding a new Inventory item to see if it appears in the list?

Hi Brucanna,
Whenever i download update it get download first in download folder – then i close the manager software and after that i start the installation. and it get updated to new version.

2 Likes

Ok, if you copies of the previous update downloaded files then you can try this.
Uninstall Manager - this will remove the programme not the business files.
Install the previous update download, the one prior to 18.8.10

If after the install - do you have any businesses listed ? You could have Quick Media Solutions and Quick Media Solutions (2018-08-18). If yes, try each business and do any work correctly ?

If none work, then I am suspecting that your backup of 18/08/2018 possibly won’t work with this install but you could try - (your backup is with newer version, kindly update to new version").

If yes, then use your previous backup to 18/08/2018 but make an extra copy of it first so you retain a master and only use the copy to “Add Business”.

If everything works ok with a test invoice, then do another update using the latest version and test again. If all is okay you will need to re-enter any data from that previous backup date.

Once you have a working business delete others from list and after a week go to the application folder and delete those with old dates - unchanged from today’s date.

Hi Tut,

I cannot see Quick Media Solutions without date in parentheses. It seems to be deleted while updating / uninstalling. I am currently able to see Quick Media Solutions with date 18-08-2018.

Whats is next option available with me to retrieve data.how can this be rectify now?

If after the install - do you have any businesses listed ? You could have Quick Media Solutions and Quick Media Solutions (2018-08-18). If yes, try each business and do any work correctly ?

I can able to see only Quick Media Solutions (2018-08-18) and it does not show the drop down in Inventory item.

Shall i try to delete all inventory items and then all inventory 1 by 1 will that help? Or shall i try to install previous version on some other desktop and check that if that’s workout? Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Definitely do not start deleting inventory items. That will create huge problems for you.

You have a couple options:

1. If you have access to another computer (of any operating system), download and install the correct version of Manager. Somehow (network access, cloud, email, flash drive), transfer your backup file(s) to the new machine. Import them using the Add Business button in the new installation. Open each one, starting with the newest, to see if you can find one that works correctly. If you find one, transfer that business back to your normal machine and import it. You will then need to re-enter transactions since that backup was made.

2. Locate your original data file, which seems somehow to have been removed. When it was removed, only its listing on your Businesses page was removed. The data file is still in your application data folder. To understand the complexities of the application data folder, read this Guide: Manage application data folder contents | Manager. Each of those hexadecimal-named files can be imported and opened. One of them should be your original business. Others can be deleted from the application data folder, including the apparently corrupted backup from August 18th. Be cautious if going down this path. Pay close attention to the warnings in the Guide about saving files you remove in safe places.

Hi Tut,

As I tried installing using another Windows 10 system

1. Firstly i installed older version of Manager and added Older backup (02-09-2017) by importing business option it has worked properly, moreover lastest backup (18-08-2018) didn’t open as it says (need newer version to open)

2. Later on updated Manager with newer version 18.9.83 from official website and added older backup file (02-09-2017) on this this version it worked fine and i was able to get drop down list.

3. Later i had added backup of same (18-08-2018) on new system with updated latest version i was unable to get the drop down list.

4. Does this means my latest backup (18-08-2018) is been corrupted?

5. I had more query as size of file which is visible on opening of the software and in front of the business name for should be same of as backup file while accessing. (For E.g: Size open in software is showing 472kb and when check the same file in backup folder showing less 436kb) does it will be different or should it be same?

6. Also let me know if can send you my backup file can you able to diagnose it as if working at your end or not or can able to rectify at your end.

Thanks

@Nayan_Mahajan
I just posted the same problem as below, later I saw that you have got the same problem which my staff reported to me today - a few hours back.

==========================================
@lubos
While preparing Sales Invoice, it’s noticed that the Account Box is not showing inventory sales in the dropdown list. Thus, it makes impossible to make Sales Invoice. Please look into the problem as we are stuck being unable to make Invoices against our Sales. This problem is being experienced just recently.

We are using Cloud Version

Rgds

You are using Desktop version while I’m using Cloud Version (and both experiencing the same problem). So, regardless of what others are opining, the problem is definitely there.

So, @lubos, kindly check is there a problem with your played update release…

It sounds like it is to me. Can you add a new test business to the new installation and see if the dropdown list appears? Assuming it does, that seems to be a sure sign there is something wrong with your 18-08-2018 backup file.

File sizes mean nothing relevant to this situation. Various actions can trigger compaction of the data base. The two file sizes you mention are only slightly different.

No, you cannot. I am not the developer, just a forum moderator. @lubos is the developer. He may decide to take a look.

@lubos
Hi Lubos, i request you to kindly looking in the issue as i am stuck up for creating sales invoice and this has trigger only after updating 18.8.10 version, request you to kindly go through the trail for clarification, Also let me know if i can send the my backup up file to you so you can able to check from your end.

@sonicgroup
Hi if you also facing the same issue after recent updates then it seems to be problem in latest updates and that too for Cloud version and for Desktop version. @Tut can please figure this out this issue and help us at the earliest.