Unable to connect Manager Imap Email Function with 3rd party email accounts

I tried to connect email accounts like gmail,outlook,yahoo, and mail.com like any other email imap guides but did not succeed.

Any specific guides that I’m able to follow, like tips or tricks?

IMAP is not supported. You need to use SMTP.

oh… I did use smtp like smtp.gmail.com port 465 and other emails also unable to sent or connect. is it port problem?

I never had any problem with mozilla thunderbird. still wondering why I can’t apply to manager…

Port 465 is not supported. Try 587 port instead.

it works! thank you @lubos!

I’ve followed the above directions, but still get an error with mail.com when I test the settings. Port 587, smtp etc all as per above. Any ideas?

My first idea is not to look at 5-year old threads for guidance about current program issues.

My second idea is to read the Guide: Troubleshoot email issues | Manager. Follow all relevant links it contains. If you have not resolved our problem by then, furnish all the information mentioned in the Guide. Look at your recent post realistically. Have you actually given us any information to work from except that you are using port 587?

Forgive me then, please. I use the desktop edition with Win 11, cannot see any option to update the version, nor can I detect the version I am using. When notified, I always update to the current one. The email settings screen is exactly entered as shown on the guide page, the exception being it is smtp.mail.com, where I’ve entered my user name/password, and have a secondary address with gmail.com that would have a copy of sent invoices to be sent to my Gmail address as well.

I’ve followed all the instructions to no avail.

Thanks for your response.

Dave Stygall

https://www.manager.io/guides/15287

Then follow the instructions in the guide Tut linked to and post the relevant details here

The version number is at the absolute bottom of every screen you view. The current version is 22.6.20.110. There is no prompt for upgrading but you could subscribe to the Newsletter (homepage Manager.io bottom right) to not too frequently get information about the development of Manager. New versions can be downloaded from https://www.manager.io/download/