Three months of work lost after update! Please help!

Hi. I updated last week to version 17.5.29, and when I restarted the program, all the data entered after mid-March was lost (bank accounts transactions, credit cards, purchase orders, invoices, payroll, etc.). I backed up before updating the software. How can I restore the previous version and recover all the data? Please help! Thank you.

I have the same problem but did not make a back-up before updating but with version 17.6.13

This is the first time something like this happened to me using Manager. I sure hope there is a fix for it, otherwise, trying to redo three months of work quickly, in all the areas, would be a horrible experience.

The data is probably not lost. Manager is good about that.

If it has been a while since you last updated, recent changes may have caused Manager to pick up an old copy of your business file. You may need to import the latest version of your business file.

There is a troubleshooting guide here Lost businesses or recent data after upgrading

Try reading through this post:Added budgeting (+ going back to Application Data folder).

1 Like

That said we should all remember to back up data before any update, it basic.

Make sure you keep the setup of the previous version so that you could revert to the old version and your old data without any trouble.

@lubos Manager.io releases updates often which occasionally brings about bugs so it would be a very good idea to add a message on the setup download pages or in the setup wizard to remind users to do necessary backups before updating to enjoy new features or better workflow

1 Like

My previous update was sometimes in late April or beginning of May, but I don’t know what version that was. I had no problem with that one. Thanks for the link, I’ll check it out.

Go through the troubleshooting guide first.

I will. Hope it’ll work. Thanks!!

It worked for me, thank you very much for the link

Great.

Your data is important so now is a good time to start a back-up procedure. You should back-up to an external device and/or a cloud service. Do it today!

Can you please tell me which file is the good one, looking at my list of back-ups? I would like to use the most recent one, if possible. Thanks.

Seems to me it the last one, it is bigger in size too.

It worked!!! Thank you so much!!!

Give me a like :slight_smile: and click on the check box as the solution to help other users

1 Like

Thank you so much for the link!!

@dcVest, your link solved the problem for me. @Abeiku helped too. I wanted to mark both of you as solving the issue, but the software took only one of my clicks. Anyway, thanks again.

You are welcome. Please start doing back-ups. There is a Backup button near the top right of Manager. Don’t wait - do it today!

@Arrigo ,@dcVest, we know the version update is on the program, nothing to do with data. you said too, it did not change the data. Then now Arrigo brought back the previous version of data, not the previous version of program. And the problem solved?. how is it.

Yes, I was able to bring back the data from my last week’s backup (before the upgrade) and I am using now the Manager version that I updated then (17.5.29). These operations did not revert to the previous version of the software. But getting back three months of data is just great!

OK, so the problem is solved because you brought back your last saved (previous)version of program. and it displays the data rightly as before. Good. had you used the cloud version, this is not possible.