I lost a large amount of data for more than a year

I have used the program for years
Excellent program
But I don’t have a big problem
I lost a large amount of data for more than a year
The data displayed is outdated
What is the solution ???

No one can possibly help without more information. What do you mean by saying data was lost for a year? Has it now been found? Or do you mean a yea’s worth of data seems lost? If the latter, how do you know it is lost? What specific data? Viewed where?

Have you reviewed all settings? When did you last see the data?

What happened is as follows:

1. I deal in the program: sales, purchases, suppliers, customers, etc.
  2. I have not opened the program for 4 months, and there is data on it until 10/5/2023.
  3. Today, when you open the program, the data shown in all fields is up to one year before the aforementioned date
  4. When updating the program, the business no longer opens, saying that the business database is corrupted.
  5. Now there are two problems: the general accounts do not exist, and after the update the work does not open

I need a solution. This has become a problem for me. Please help. Before the update, when I opened the timeline, a message appeared. I expect that the data base is Malformed.

Post a screenshot of the actual error message. Also, what edition (desktop, server, cloud) and version number?

“a year’s worth of data seems lost “
This is what I mean right

Without providing much more detail as @Tut asked for including screenshots, it will not be possible for anyone to help you. It is very unclear what you did. You first claimed to have lost a year’s data then now you claim you lost a whole business. Only if you exactly outline what you did will we be able to help you find a solution.

Desktop

A picture before the update on the previously existing version from which data was lost, and an attached picture after the update

What happened exactly, as I said, before updating the version, I lost a year of displaying data

Your first step should be updating your software. You are hundreds of releases behind.

Your second step should be to restore from backup as the dialogue box instructs. Hopefully you have one. If you don’t, no one can do anything.

Your third step should be to answer questions and follow steps already suggested. None of your screenshots supports anything you have said.

Please note that the second photo of his screen (@basem you must use computer generated screenshots, not photo’s) shows Manager v24.2.16.1306 which is recent enough.

The first screenshot is what matters in the sense that it produced an internal error when clicking on history (guess that was what “timeline” meant) and thus was a bug but of that old version and is strange it occurred except that it relates to “database disk image is malformed.” Causes can be seen at Fix SQLite Database Disk Image is Malformed. but often this is related to:

• When the disk drive or flash memory gets corrupt, it also spreads the corruption to the SQLite database, resulting in the disk damage being a malformed error

As advised by @Tut:

… to restore from backup as the dialogue box instructs. Hopefully you have one. If you don’t, no one can do anything…

I expect that the files were damaged as you say, but what is the solution here? Is there any of the developers who can open the databases?

If you did not make any backups (= required practice for any data be it documents, spreadsheets, databases, etc.) then there is no solution.

If the original file exists, why is there a backup copy? It is assumed that the developer can solve the database problem

Please help with the solution
Accounts are important

Every user has the responsibility to make their own backups for each business. That is what the backup function is for, see Backup, restore, import, and transfer businesses | Manager

You can thus not expect Manager (as you would not expect Microsoft) to backup and restore your data.

That is the wrong assumption. The developer provides the backup and restore tools so that you as a user can safeguard your files. Not having proper data management and storage in place is your concern only. More surprising is that you also do not seem to have complete system backups from which you can restore the whole system and data either.

If you would subscribe to the Cloud version, see Manager.io then you will notice that the developer would take care of:

Automatic Backups
Automatic Updates

It still remains good practice to create your own backups frequently also and store these on different systems, removable disks or cloud data storage.

As you now probably realize the hard way, data protection and save-guarding which includes backup discipline is a must for anyone producing data, this can include digital photos, spreadsheets, wordprocessed documents, etc. Any electronic data storage should be backed-up frequently and to different locations if to prevent data loss.

For situations exactly like yours. Data storage failure is never a matter of if, only of when, no matter the medium.

No.

1 Like

Yes, that shot shows an error produced by an old version. The inclusion of a second screen shot from a newer version suggests the situation is not as described by @basem. Something more complex is going on.

1 Like

If you have ben doing your monthly accounts then you must do some datat capturing after you have restored the system. I normaly print everything at every month end

Even with backups, you would still lose the most recent transactions that have not yet been backed up.

It could be possible to recover a lot without any backups, but it is a lot of work. Many banks around where I am allow you to download transactions. Using spreadsheets, you can manipulate the downloaded transactions to be batch input to Manager. This would have to be done for each bank.

I don’t know what you can do for things like accounts receivable and accounts payable. Some accounts payable and receivable would be recoverable from the bank transactions since what a customer paid you is probably less than or equal to what they owed you. You can reasonably guess the expense account based on the payee and the income account based on the payer.

Hopefully, you can download transactions from your bank(s). If not, you have many times more work to do entering each transaction, one at a time, from bank statements.

In any case, you will regain some idea of your profit and loss.

Losing data can happen to anyone, even with backups. Even so, the backups greatly reduce the possibility of losing all data.

Have you tried loading the file into the server version?

I broke a file by running server and desktop simultaneously- intentionally trying to do so. In the end, it wouldn’t open on desktop until I opened it in server once.

If you absolutely NEED a solution, you could try paying someone to reverse engineer the database file, but you can still expect that to take many, many, hours of collaboration with them to get the job done, and it wouldn’t be cheap.

That would not save the planet, also is less secure than saving a backup on a cloud server somewhere because if accidentally you would suffer a fire then all these paper records would lost. So please print less and backup more frequently to remote places in the cloud and maybe also to a removable disk drive such as a memory stick that you take with you.