Suggestion to be able to search Inventory Kits for specific components

Hi, I am trying to Search all Inventory Kits with a particular item included - for example HYL3610 (which is a component of more than one kit). I used to be able to do this.
Now when I go to the list of my Kits there is no Description column and I can’t seem to add it so it doesn’t seem to be searchable. I list the individual components (of which HYL3610 is one) in the Description field of my Inventory Kit.

Look at the Edit screen of the Inventory kit. You will see that there is no Description field. Therefore, there cannot be a Description column. Your previous version must have been quite old, before the addition of the ability to autofill line descriptions or not.

Information you refer to is now contained in the Autofill — Line description field. That field is meant to be added as a description on transaction forms, not to appear in the Inventory Kits page listing (and therefore searchable).

I don’t imagine the developer ever imagined someone would try to put the entire bill of materials into a single line description.

It would seem practical, however, to be able to generate a report showing which inventory kits contained a specific inventory item. So I will place this into the ideas category so that can be considered. I will also edit the subject accordingly.

Thanks for the reply. I am on cloud version and have been using this function until recently as I have to adjust stock of my retail listings.
The kits appear on my invoices - so yes, they are a transaction.

So how am I supposed to search for kits that contain a particular item?

I know of no way to do that.

I would really like to see a fix for this. Currently I am running blind as I can’t see which kits contain a certain item. It means I can have kits for sale that don’t have adequate stock to fill them. The previous method worked perfectly well. There was no other way to make it searchable other than listing each item in the item code