Single Accounting Entry View

I have given this more thought and I really think that this view could be very useful indeed.

What if we were able to view each accounting document’s debits and credits by pressing a Ledger button next to the history here :point_down:

The view should give something like this:

General Ledger Entry
Credit Note 1040
2017/05/16
Account Description Debit Credit
Sales Credit Note 1040 – 2017/05/16 – Lakkalikööri 522.000
Taxes payable #
Cost of sales #
Accounts receivable 2,721.000

Totals 2,721.000 2,721.000

That’d be very useful especially since many of the info provided by this :point_up_2: view like cost of sales isn’t readily available elsewhere without serious search effort.

Plus most other ERPs and accounting software have this feature. The report is usually but not always called a “Transaction Journal”.

I think it would be a nice addition to Manager.

8 Likes

I think this should be considered as an idea. maybe moving it to a seperate new topic would get more visibility. @lubos @Tut @Abeiku

3 Likes

Since we now have an investments tab (thanks @lubos :v:) we are probably going to have a couple of extra transactions tabs related to investments. And although I’m against additional transaction tabs that could be otherwise handled by Journal entries, but it’s going to happen anyway.

These tabs are probably going to need this feature for the sake of transparency especially since investment transactions are at least as complex as those of inventory if not more.

That’s why I’m reviving this thread.

Added to the latest version (23.6.26)

When viewing transactions, there are now 2 buttons to switch between standard view and “transaction journal” view.

6 Likes

Excellent improvement to the program.
One issue I have found is that it is not reporting inventory sales correctly.

Needs a credit amount for the Inventory on hand line and an additional line for debit to Inventory cost.

1 Like

thanks, very nice update.

How do I find the standard view and transaction journal view? I cannot find them on any type of transaction.

You are probably using an out of date version of Manager

you can restart your server if you are using online version.

I’m using desktop version with the latest update

“Latest update” could mean anything - what version number?

There are 2 online versions: 1. Cloud edition that you refer to here and is maintained and updated by Manager and 2. Server edition which is maintained by licensee themselves on their own servers.

cloud edition.

Thank you for this addition.

Would it be possible to add project and division to Transaction Journal view.

Moreover, can there be batch view for Transaction Journal view, which will make it easier to review multiple documents at once.

Appreciating your efforts.