Journal entries

Why are receipts, payments and invoices not made into daily entries?

What do you mean? Payments and Receipts are not done through Journal entries. Invoices are not financial transactions they either need to be paid to you for the Sales Invoice or you have to make a payment against the Purchase Invoice. No journal entries apply here.

You need to read the guides as you need to enable in CUSTOMIZE (partially screenshot below) things such bank and Cash Accounts, Receipts, Payments, Customers, Suppliers, Sales Invoices, Purchase Invoices, etc.

nd how’s that ?
Receipts and payments must be shown in daily entries
As for the invoices, they are settlement entries, and the settlement entries are daily entries
Or do I have to prepare the journal entries myself?

You do not use Journal entries for payments and receipts. You have to enable the receipts and payments tabs and create a new payment or a new receipt. This is all explained in the linked guides.

Click on CUSTOMIZE Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 18.31.12 and enble what you need.

The guides for Journal Entries explains that “…In Manager, most transactions are entered in other functional tabs, thereby automating many decisions about account posting and reducing errors. So journal entries are relatively few. Most record transfers between accounts. In fact, no transaction involving the actual receipt or payment of funds by a business can be recorded via a journal entry…”

@ahmody, what do you mean by “daily entries?” Every transaction in Manager has a date on which it is created (entered into the database). Transactions of a particular type might be daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, or intermittently.

If you are referring to a daily journal, from which transactions are later transferred to individual account ledgers, that is very old-fashioned. And once you move from a manual bookkeeping system to a computer-based accounting system, the daily journal is entirely unnecessary. The “journal entry” terminology for unusual transactions survives in Manager only based on historical usage of the phrase. But journal entries have nothing to do with a daily journal.

This means that it is a program to display the summary only
It does not show operations daily entries
Sir
If you collect a receipt or payment voucher, a voucher does not result in a general journal entry
And if you make an invoice, it does not turn into a sales settlement entry
This program does not produce daily restrictions
If you want to make daily restrictions, you must do them
This program is his idea for the owner of the company to show the allowance, but the accountant needs general daily entries such as receipts, payments, settlements, purchases, and so on
Whatever settings I do, it shows up
The only solution is to enter full daily restrictions
Or dispense with it, and this dispensation is not possible for any accountant
Other programs produce general daily restrictions

@ahmody, this forum is English only. Your Arabic post was deleted.

This is not true.

True. Manager produces general ledger entries directly, without the intermediate step of a journal entry.

True. It remains a sales or purchase invoice (as the case may be), just as it should.

I see that you joined the forum just two hours ago, yet somehow you are full of criticisms and false statements about the Manager application. Before you draw conclusions, you should really read the Guides. Then, if you have questions, please post them, using the terminology of the program.

For example, what do you mean by “sales settlement entry?” Or “daily restrictions”, “the allowance,” or “settlements?” Manager uses terminology that is common throughout the world. If you have difficulty finding an English equivalent to an Arabic term, switch your language preference back and forth between Arabic and English to see what Arabic terminology in used by the program and the English equivalent. We have plenty of Arabic-language users who have never used the terminology you use in your posts.

1 Like

After your permission, you may inquire
Why are receipts, payments and invoices not converted into daily entries?
Because I want to work and buy the cloud version
But when experimenting, the operations appear in the summary and do not appear as daily restrictions
for example
The sales process
*** Resulting in an invoice, which is processed with a settlement entry
From h/client to
H/ revenue or sales
***** Upon collection, a receipt is generated
From h/ the treasury or the bank
To H/ the client
All purchases are under settlement and payments are made
Does this make no sense to you as accountants?

what do you mean by daily entries?
if you are referring to the details of every transaction entered on a particular day, you should check the General Ledger Transactions under Reports.

1 Like

thank you

After 25 years of accounting
I don’t know if I’m not an accountant
Nor have your work been reduced to being a data entry only
For example, the daftra program, despite my criticism of it as well, but it knows very well the idea of accounting entries
Thank you for listening, but I am of the opinion that whoever works on this program is required to be a data entry and not an accountant

i maen journal entries
Does it mean anything to you as accountants?

maybe you should spend less time criticising and read the guides Guides | Manager
the world has moved over from the days of hand-written accounting where only journal entries were used and you still seem to be stuck with it. but the good news is that Manager has journal entries which is explained in the guide Make journal entries | Manager

I already answered this question.

And you did not answer my question about what you mean by “daily restrictions.” If you want help on this forum, you must answer questions from those trying to help. Please do not just repeat criticisms you have already been told are not understood because of the terminology you are using.

@ahmody You need to empty your cup and learn how Manager works first. I have never heard of daily restrictions in my entire life.

What you should do is to describe a report and ask how to get it in Manager.

The General Ledger Transactions will give you all Debit and Credit entries in a period (a day).

2 Likes

Yes we all know what you’re talking about. Every document you produce creates it’s own journal entry in the GL subsystem but it’s not editable by the user as @Tut already explained here:

However, the only way to view the entry is through the General Ledger Transactions report, as @sharpdrivetek @Abeiku already discussed here:

To test how it works create a blank business, and create an accounting document like an invoice say on 31/12/2021. Then go to the GL report and you will see the transaction broken down in Debits and Credits.

Other senior members know that Manager automatically produces the correct accounting entries and nobody here sees any value in examining the Debits and Credits of any automatic entry.

But as a new user, I can understand why you’d request such a feature or – to be more specific – a view of the transaction.

Just something that caught my attention.

Yeah buddy, these days when accountants used to manually convert an invoice to Debits and Credits are long gone. All software now rely on systematic setup of accounts to automatically produce all the Debits and Credits without user intervention. Systems that don’t do this are not integrated systems and they will disappear soon.

Accountants now need to manage and administer their General Ledgers, review and correct data entry by others, reconcile records, ensure compliance and do management reporting stuff. No processing of documents involved.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Single Accounting Entry View