Several selling prices

Hello

We are an organization that sells products to many types of customers, including Distributors, including wholesale customers, including retail customers. Certainly, each type of customer has a different price from the other.
Can the manager help me with this?

I was thinking if it was possible to add several selling prices in each inventory item (e.g. sale price 1, sale price 2, sale price 3) and then the prices are allocated to each customer when creating a new customer

When creating a sales invoice or Quote for the customer, the manager will bring the sale price set on the customer’s identification page.

I hope I could explain the idea.

Note: We used this in the old accounting program before we moved to the manager, so the idea I put forward is completely adapted from there. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, you are right, and we hope the developer will set a set of prices

3 Likes

Sounds like you are looking for multiple price lists and the ability to attach a price list to a customer master record . Then for that price list to default to sales orders or invoices entered for that customer, correct?

That would be useful for me also. Price list would need to be able to include both inventory and non-inventory items as we sell both goods and services.

2 Likes

What you ask is not trivial. Imagine a company with 5,000 inventory items and 2,000 customers. Somewhere, you need to enter, store, and maintain 10 million pricing entries. And some users have many more in both categories.

True. But price list maintenance is a thing like it or not. I’d rather maintain 4 price lists of 1000 items in the system e.g. Distributor price list, end customer price list than have to do it outside and override manually prices as you enter an order for each customer. Companies will have different pricing and a need to get it onto orders for a customer regardless of whether manager has multiple price lists or not.

Another way to do it would be to say that the “List Price” is the one on the item so, if no price for the item sold on the specific price list associated with the customer default the “list price” from the item. That would cut maintenance as don’t need each list to be “complete” population of saleable items.

One step further would be to be able to link a secondary price list to a price list so defaulting would be

• Price list on order or invoice (as defaulted from customer to transaction)
  • secondary price list linked to price list
  • list price on item

Lots of ways to get there but companies will negotiate different pricing for different classes of customers or even specific customers - how can Manager help support that?

Anyway, good discussion!

This issue doesn’t affect me personally as I’m not using the inventory module in Manager, however just for sharing and to contribute to ideas, I have another online business which has eCommerce capability and this screen shot is of the backend settings for price variation based on criteria like order value, with user definable mark-up break points based on order value (the beauty of this is it automatically adjusts mark-up from whatever the current vendor cost are at POS, and adjusts margin based on actual order value, autopilot 24/7).

In this method it’s less important to differentiate the customer as wholesale versus retail or individual, but rather on order volume/value (i.e. encourage higher order values from all customers, thus value a high order value retailer over a low order wholesaler, a reward system)
@lubos may want to save this to ideas for future integration in one form or another.

1 Like

Quantity based price breaks are a whole other dimension that could be added to price lists. Rule based pricing goes a step further!

Anyway, I think the point is made that businesses need the ability to vary prices whether for different types of customers,volumes etc. or combo. Anything the system could do to help manage that vs. managing outside of system and overriding during transaction line entry would be welcome!

I think you understood the idea other than what I wanted.

I said there should be three prices. On the other hand, each customer will have (this will be determined in the customer’s identification interface) a price of one third of these prices
When creating a sales invoice or quote, the manager will have to link the customer category with the corresponding price for this category.

So the millions of data described won’t happen.

I particularly apologize if my words indicate that I impose a certain opinion on you (regarding three prices or more or less) all of what I mentioned was an example of clarification and I am confident that the developer @lubos always has great solutions

In the way I put forward, I imagine that the change will extend to the following (in terms of appearance, but in terms of code I don’t know about it)

In the inventory item interface there will be three fields (or more) to determine the sale price (price 1,2, price3, etc.)

In the customer interface there will be a field to choose the price to be offered to the customer

Then the manager will take over the job by processing and linking the client with the right price for him.

As most of the users feel its a needed option. Also available in some other applications in different methods.
I like to submit the following to the Developer and for everybody’s perusal

When creating or updating the Inventory item we shall be able to create prices in 4 levels as

And then when we create or update a Customer we shall enter the Price code “A” B" or “C” in the respective place as follows
If not entered it shall remain in Standard Price automatically

2 Likes

Most users have not responded to this thread, it had been viewed by a tiny fraction of Manager uers and there is no voting option.
Imo by far the minority of users woud use this functionality.

Sorry for the wording what I meant was from my side most of my clients have already requested the feature if not in the forum

@164Morhf, you impose your own view. Regardless of whether you define 3, 4, or some other number of tiers, your idea has two flaws.

First, it assumes other users would want a tiered system rather than individually negotiated pricing. That is a huge and unsupportable assumption.

Second, you mistakenly believe it reduces the number of pricing entries. It does not, because you still need to record and maintain choices for all customers and all inventory and non-inventory items. You cannot presume that a customer would enjoy the same price tier for all items.

You may think you are the first to suggest this. You are not. It has been discussed dozens of times in the forum. There is a reason it is not on the ideas list. No one has suggested a broadly workable concept.

If there are defects as I mentioned, this is very possible because the topic is debatable and in the end we get a result hopefully

But ask (mainly the developer and the experts in how the program works) to provide us with a practical solution to the problem we face.

I think it’s common for large or medium-sized organizations to sell several categories of customers and certainly each category has a different price, so what’s the way to translate that from this real-life situation to the manager?

@Tut why don’t you make (post N.10) this solution practical?
Or let’s say it’s a rule to build on and discuss practically.

I think having a subject in the ideas category doesn’t mean that a practical solution has already been provided to him.
Any topic that would serve a wide range of users and contribute to improving the manager is worth adding to the category of ideas, and I think if it is necessary to exist it is worth giving priority to development by the developer

Profit Ratio %
In the event that the developer allowed the inclusion of a box containing the percentage of profit as shown in the drawing, the problem of wholesale and retail sales and price levels for sale may have been resolved
whereas
Wholesalers will have a profit rate of 30% for the inventory item.
Retail sales account for 40% of the profit rate for the inventory item
These percentages vary according to the withdrawal quantities of the item for the customer and can be controlled by the seller during the execution of the invoice or the price offer.
In this way, all sales problems will be solved
There are many software ideas that fulfill the purpose. If this is not easy for the developer, I will present to him several other ideas that are in line with the nature of the manager.
Thanks to all

You can already accomplish this using the built-in calculation feature.

I’m kinda think the idea of multiple price lists is workable. This is done in many ERP systems.

Attach a price list to a customer. Price list on customer defaults to order. If item not on price list then use list price from item.

If you want customer specific prices, great. If you want categories create a price list per category and attach that list to all customers you consider to be of that category. If you want to get fancy the header of each price list could specify a secondary price list. And hierarchy would descend tree till it finds the item or if it doesn’t last default from item.

Pricing is complex and Whatever is done won’t fit everyone’s needs but anything is going to help vs. overriding manually line by line for each customer based on price lists kept in spreadsheets.

Great discussion.

When you determine the percentage of profit while issuing the invoice as previously explained, this will fulfill the required purpose and you will be in control of the price instead of wasting time in the manual calculation process