Several selling prices

You’re right the manager needs a development pattern in this regard.
I just want to ask a question.
If the organization has 300 customers belonging to several categories of pricing
And it has 2,000 stock items.
and it wanted to use the Manager for its accounting works

The problem of not having a way to accommodate customer categories and the lack of more than one price for the inventory item is not a big problem that you may require to ask for a replacement for the manager?

That’s what I actually had with one of my clients.

I think I have suggested customer price lists few years back. anyway I will suggest an approach which I think could be beneficial to everyone.

• A feature called Price List could be added to Settings where multiple price lists can be created. This would list all inventory items, non-inventory items and inventory kits. the prices entered in their respective tabs will be considered as master rates.

• Users can save the price lists with a category name or customer name.

• Provide ability to Clone price lists.

• Provide a field where the user can enter the price increase or decrease as a percentage which would automatically change the prices from the master rates or cloned rates.

• In the Customers tab add the ability to select a price list. this price list would override the item master rates when the particular customer is selected on a transaction form unless the transaction is being copied over from another transaction.

This would benefit users who have separate price lists for individual customers and also for those users who have price lists based on customer types. @lubos

1 Like

I’m surprised like this is going to happen.
How is their proposal for years not taken into account even though it is urgently needed

And if anyone objects and says how can I describe that the need for it is urgent, the argument for it is clear, which is that it is common for enterprises to sell several categories of customers and it is confirmed that this is done at several selling prices

is there any solution on his way to us :smiley: Hopefully

1 Like

Hai

It is useful if it is update with the option for whole sale price, retail price , dealer price, branch price etc/ customisation option for the sale form

if select whole sale price change with whole sale price

if select deler-chnge the price for dealers etc
if any one hav eany suggession if it is already available pls comment

@afaz999, your post was moved to an existing discussion. Please do not start new topics when the subject is already being discussed in an existing thread.

Why is this topic not in ideas @Tut

Because no moderator has put it there. I can only speak for myself, but I see very large problems standing in the way of implementation that would ripple through both the Inventory Items and Customers tabs, complicating both to a high degree.

Thanks for this notification
do you have any update on this module

This will not implemented anytime soon @afaz999
As @Tut does not transfer this to ideas category and
@lubos did not expressed his opinion yet on this topic.

there is a way to have several prices for the same inventory item…just make use of inventory kits
whereas each kit is equivalent to just 1 piece of item just be sure to add a unique item code for each price level

let’s say your main inventory item is set to retail price and sold at the highest retail value, you can create an inventory kit with 1:1 ratio for a wholesale version of said item and another one for a distributor version…for easier tagging, you can add “W” to their item code that tells you this is a wholesale item and “D” for distributor

the retail item code can be “R” or just plain whatever item code you have

CON: you will have a lot of Inventory Kits

@164Morhf

you can also have your customers tagged the same way…

add W to customer codes who are wholesale buyers and so on…

1 Like

Well, the update is that it will not happen for so many reasons and discussions on the same, but as recent as by @Tut just before your post.

Besides the valid arguments posted there are more reasons and some stem of how Manager operates and what Database environment it uses. The more you understand the strengths and the limitations of SQLite the more you know what can and what can not be implemented as features.

Even though the free versions of Manager are all Desktop based, their underlying approach is web-based. Therefore is uses browser environments and sometimes the related problems associated with these.

The main advantage is its blistering pace and the main disadvantage is the lack of “relationships such as one to many and many to many”. Basically all the data you store is flatfile.

So implementing things such as asked for here like “Several Selling Prices” or elsewhere like more sophisticated Consumer and Supplier relations will be extremely hard to implement and even when competitors do as they are based for example on MySQL or Postgres, these are also significantly slower than Manager.

This is not to say that request such as posted here are not important but if they are extremely hard or not possible to implement it is better to discuss how we can manage this without a change in programming.

1 Like

Hai dears,

Let us assume, one manufacturing organization

Production Attendance devices

Item Details Sales Category
SL No ITEM CODE ITEM NAME RETAIL PRICE WHOLE SALE PRICE DISTRIBUTERS PRICE INTER COMPANY PRICE
1 KEPAD202201 KEYPAD ATTENDANCE DIVICE 1500 1200 1100 1000
2 FINGER202201 FINGER PRINT DEVICE 2500 2200 2100 2000
3 FACEDETECT202201 FACE DETECTOR 3500 3200 3100 3000

While selling with same item code Selling Price has to be changed as according to choose the sale category in the sales form

Appreciate Anyone can suggest better way to implement this requirement without change the programing

Thanks

You can create a inventory kit for each product customer wise.
Face Detecter (R)
Face Detecter (w)
Face Detecter (D)
Face Detecter (IC)
And Enter the price as
I can see this only idea to implement multiple prices without changing the program. @afaz999