Multiple prices on an inventory item

Hello, I want to create one inventory item on which I want to tab several different prices, so I can sell in different prices on different customers, etc. I think this was not possible, has this functionality being developed?

1 Like

No its not possible to do this. This may come into play, but will probably be done in a format that customers on the a list get the basic price, customers on the b list get a 10% discount etc. This way it would be more usable throughout the program.

It is possible through "Sales Invoice Items"
Check this out http://guides.manager.io/businesses/settings/sales-invoice-items

You will find under Settings.
For each item you want to have multiple prices you will go there and
-Create a new sales invoice item
-Select the inventory account
-Select the equivalent item you want to create a ready to use discounted version

• Fill up the rest of the details such as
  • Item code for this item, (The customer will see this in invoice if you choose to have one, as Item Code.
  • New unique item name for this item, (You will use this one to find the item when creating invoices) Customer won’t see this.
  • Item Description (Customer will see this in invoice)
  • The price of the item (Can be different of the price of the item in question)
  • The Discount you want for the item you just created.
  • The VAT of this item

So there are 4 different cases

1. You dont put either item price or discount. -> On the invoice when you pick the product, both will be blank
  2. You dont put item price but you put discount 20%-> On the invoice you will get the product with blank price but with the picked 20% discount, so you’ll have to fill up the price as it doesnt gets the original product value
  3. You dont put discount but you put price 100. -> On the invoice you’ll get the product with the new picked 100 price, but without discount.
  4. You put both price 100 and discount 20%. -> On the invoice you will get the product priced 100, the discount 20%, the final price 80.

Hope that helps

2 Likes

I will have to look into that and see if that would work for me.

Also another thing I use to calculate raises in price while I am writing an offer (before I trasfer the purchase invoice to manager) is “negative discount” if you type -15% you will get on the final value the “product price x number of products * 1,15” , so you can use it to check on the price you would like to sell a product that you bought, but you should be careful as this is a quick and dirty tip. If you do that with more than one products, you’ll have to remember to divide the final value by how many products there are. Its a bit dangerous, but can save you two (ALT+TAB) to the calculator and back.

Yesterday a customer asked me about prices for 10 products.
I got the quote from the supplier. It had 11 items, the 11nth was the shipping (130 euros).
I wanted to send the customer a quick offer, so he knows the prices in case of order finalisation.
So as the purchase offer for me costed like 1000 and I wanted to sell with 20% I did this.
1000 * 1,20 = 1200. (How much I want to sell my products)
1000 - 130 euros = 870 euros. (Product price without the shipping)
1200 - 870 euros = 330 euros (Difference in sale price, and bought price of the products,excluding shipping)
330 euros / 870 euros = 0,379 (Discount difference)
So 870 * 1,379 = 1.199,73 (Almost the price I want to sell and I am happy with.)
What was left was the use of negative discount (-37,9%) on each product to see its price including the shipping cost for each item, and be careful of items that need to be divided by their quantity.

As I said a quick and dirty way, but a helpful one.

@Lubos I think there is a feature there that would be cool to have, right?

1 Like