Send purchase order by email

I have sent two emails and neither have sent the copy as indicated in settings to my own email address, and how do i check to see if its been delivered as it doesnt show up in my sent folder

If you’re not getting the copy-to-self, there are two possibilities:

1. The email is going out to both you and to your customer, but for some reason the email to you is being blocked along the way; or

2. The email is not going out.

To determine whether it’s case 1 or case 2, you can ask your customer whether he has received the email. You can also try temporarily changing your customer’s email address to a third address that you or one of your friends has on a different domain to yours (if you’re on yahoo.com, don’t test with another account on yahoo.com) and see if that gets through.

If you determine that it’s case 1, then focus on why your email service is blocking your copy-to-self. Is it going to spam? Is it going directly into your Sent Mail folder because your email service recognizes it as coming from your own email address? Does your email service block incoming email bearing your own address that didn’t originate on its SMTP server? (Several services fall into the latter category. If you think yours might, try using a Custom SMTP Server in Manager’s email settings and see if that helps. If you don’t know how to do this, ask your email provider for its SMTP settings, and make sure you get the port number and the SSL settings correct. If your email provider doesn’t offer an SMTP server, you may need to try a different provider.)

If you determine that it’s case 2, then focus on why your mail isn’t going out. If you are using a custom SMTP server (as you should – Lubos has said that Manager will probably require custom SMTP soon), are your SMTP settings correct in Manager? Common mistakes include setting the wrong port and having the wrong SSL option. Many ISPs block outgoing port 25, so try ports 587 and 465 instead if your SMTP service supports them. Sometimes an SMTP service requires a specific port to be used with SSL and a different port to be used without. Also make sure you are authenticating with the correct credentials on the SMTP server.

If you still can’t figure it out, you might try putting Manager on a laptop and seeing if email works when you’re connected to the internet through a different ISP (like in a coffee shop). If that’s the case, then the problem is with your ISP blocking outgoing email altogether through anything other than its own service. That doesn’t happen as often as it used to, but there are still some services that insist on blocking all SMTP traffic.

Other than that, I can’t think of how else to help you.

thanks Jon i’ll look into that in the morning.