Search Option

Hi Forum

I would like to request the following.

So far when you “Search” you can only search in every form with just one searching item, i.e. you cannot search for a customer and a date at the same time, or you cannot search invoices between two dates, or a custom field and a date at the same time.

Is it possible in the next updates to be able to put in the search filed two or more labels and a value for searching, for example:
from date=30/12/2017 to date=30/01/2018 and supplier=Mr. Supplier
or
Invoice Value>=1.000 and customer=Mr. Customer

Thank you

Learn SQL and use custom reports.
I’ve provided a rough starting point below, not sure if the queries work properly.

SELECT * FROM PurchaseInvoices WHERE PurchaseInvoice.Date > 30/12/2017 AND PurchaseInvoice.Date < 30/01/2018 AND PurchaseInvoice.Supplier == “Mr. Supplier”

SELECT * FROM SalesInvoices WHERE SalesInvoice.Amount == 1.000 AND SalesInvoice.Customer == “Mr. Customer”

2 Likes

What @Eagle5 mentioned is definitely a good way of achieving what you need.

The ‘custom reports’ feature is rough around the edges, and still in development indefinitely, but it’s certainly useful for quick tasks like this.

The problem is not the SQL, the problem is that the database schema is unknown so far, so that kind of queries are not functioning

I’ve dredged quite a number of topics on custom reports and know a little of the schema, but it keeps on changing as different functionality comes and goes. I’m still not very good at formatting my queries, so it could be either really.
I would have tested the queries before I posted them, but the version of Manager I’m running tends to just run SQL queries indefinitely and never give a result.