I have just found this incredible software with almost everything I need for my store. I am evaluating it and very satisfied with the installation, UI, speed. The UI is just enough, not too much or too less. Only the Inventory module which not fully matched our needs and I know that it has just been added not so long so it might be not so full-featured yet.
Our store is selling products with both retail and wholesale prices (also with % discount sometimes). We have thousands of products and many of them have variation in size, color, material, and some other attributes depending on each product.
My requirements are
- Categories: I have read some topics about this requirement in this forum already. I just want to clarify this a little a little more detail. The requirements are (a) Products are multiple categories. (b) Category can be organized in multiple level (treelike) or can be 1 level with Category Group. Although we have thousands of product, we found that in many occasions too many levels of categories are confusing to use so 1-level Category with Category Group is enough for us. But if others need treelike categories, then it is ok for us also (because treelike is more flexible and covering this requirement already).
- Product Attributes (not just custom field which now act like an additional description): This means we can have a product with sizes, colors, or other variants (3 attributes are enough really but it can be different for each prodcut) link to the same parent product. This feature will shorten the list of searching, browsing items in this application and then enable making catalog on website or mobile app that you may extend Manager in the future (I hope soon). Surely the price and outstanding amount of products will be separated by their attributes too.
- One-more Price Levels: Sale invoice items can solve issue about retail sales already and it is really useful for us too. But for wholesale, we need another price for each product because almost of products have another fixed wholesale price rather than % markdown. The consequence is that we need to set the customer base-price-type (retail or wholesale) and % discount from that base price so Manager will choose the price calculate discount in invoice automatically for us.
- In cases we use sale invoice item, we need to show the product code in the invoice rather than the name of sale invoice item which behave like a discount schema for any product. I guess this is about templating but I cannot find the template variable in your Guide.
- Catalog Generating is a surplus feature.
Are some of these features existing in your plan? How soon would they finish?
PS: I am also interested in Barcode Reader like other posts too. In addition, support for QR Code is also useful and easier for use. We can use simple web cam attached with POS machine, notebook, or mobile.