Remittance Advice has vanished

I am not to sure about the payment form? Where is that, sounds like work? I could pay a supplier, say 88 plus invoices in one payment each month and the Supplier Statement produces precisely the correct report to email to the supplier. The trouble is they go crazy and panic and tell me that the sum on the Supplier Statement is what we need to pay them (which of course we know).

So simply changing the Supplier Statement title to Remittance or “Remittance Advice” will resolve the supplier panic in one sweep.

I am referring to the form on which you enter a Spend money transaction to pay your supplier. It’s title is Payment. But if changing the title on the supplier statement does what you need, by all means, go that way. Be advised, however, that changing the specific title, Statement, to Remittance Advice will have exactly the same effect on customer statements. If you also use customer statements, you will need to create a special theme to use only for supplier statements.

I am not keen on customizing or editing any report title if it is not going to be a solid solution moving forward. From what I can make out from your comment…

it seems like the Customer Statements title in the report under Accounts Receivable is somehow linked to the Supplier Statements title under Accounts Payable? I do not want the Customer Statements to be affected at all, they are perfect as they stand. Only the Supplier Statements report needs to be altered in my view so that it will make sense to the supplier when they receive it.

This option does not tell the supplier what invoices may or may not be paid. It simply tells them how much is going to be paid which they can find on their bank statement anyway.

Reread my post. The two statements are not linked. They simply have the same title. So a substitution affects both. That’s why I said you’d need a special custom theme.

OK I will make the idea / request for solution very simple - I need to know if the title for Supplier Statement be changed permanently?
The change must be limited to the Supplier Statement report only.
Can the change be accomplished without the use of custom themes because we have a situation where two different reports are showing the same title but mean different things.
I understand that this will mean the developer will need to have a look into it. Perhaps this could be popped into the ideas box?
For us it is causing a real world issue with our suppliers. We are currently running 26 users.

Same here, would be amazing if we can send the email directly once we do the payments.Every time I had to type in the email address and the body part which is bit of time consuming when you dealing with 100s on payments.