Reference Field

Dear Developers,
May I request for the Reference field to appear on Bank and Cash accounts? Alternatively, will you please consider in creating Advanced Query also for the Bank and Cash accounts that we have created? Thank you very much.

On a bank account there’s the code field and the International Bank Account Number (IBAN) option, but I guess you mean on Payments and Receipts? The reference field is already present.

Update Manager because in the latest version (24.3.28.1377 as of this writing ) it’s already present.

Thank you Mark, will it also be updated on the Server version?

Actually I am looking for a way to input my bank transactions in the order as presented on the bank statement. Because there are several transactions that occur on the same date, for better checking on our inputs too. If the menu on Bank and Cash accounts List, we can sort by date then sort by Reference number, this will be great.

What purpose would this have? When you import the bank statement and assign it to the various accounts and reconcile it then you do not have any need to refer back to the original bank statement.

If you for whatever reason want to compare then you can use the General Ledger Transactions Report (under reports tab).

On bank import the fields imported are described here Fields recognised in Bank CSV import

In practice if I want more information imported I create a composite field in a spreadsheet then import the manipulated data.