Quoting one customer, invoicing another

Good day.

I have an issue where I am quoting a customer, once approved by same customer, I am told to direct the invoice to another customer within the same company (different billing address); one deals with the projects and approves quotations and the other deals with sales within the same company. Am I able to link the quote to the invoice somehow, to be able to satisfy the quotation status within the program? Right now the invoice has been approved, paid in full, but the original quote is still “active” in the program.

You cannot link quotes for one customer to another. But you really don’t need to. Sales quotes are optional to begin with. You can mark the quotes as “Cancelled” and forget about them.

If you absolutely want a sales quote for the new customer, despite its function having passed, copy the old one and edit the customer name. Or just copy the sales quote to a sales order for the new customer.

@Sparky506 It appears you have really just one customer but you have created 2 customers so the addresses autofill correctly on both document types?

You could also just edit the address for a single customer. You could do that either on n the sales quote or sales invoice. Editing an address had no other effect.