Quotes and customer list

As it stands now, customers must be registered before a quotation can be prepared for them. This bloats the customer list with people who request for quotes but never purchase goods. Can we have the program make provision for potential and existing customer list. I think a customer should only be moved/added to the existing customer list when an invoice is created.

you can create a quote without selecting any customer.
when making a Sales Quote just enter the prospective customer name and their address in the Billing address field.

4 Likes

Oh that is very useful to know. I have had the same problem when quoting a potential new customer. Thanks

Thanks very much and am very grateful.

Though this method is helpful, it does not show customer names in the quote list to differentiate the quotes. I however entered the customer name in the description column but remember to edit it when copying the quote to new sales invoice.
Note that you must register the customer name before you copy to new sales invoice.

Another approache could be by adding a custom field to the [Customers], for instance called [Status].
[Status] consistst of two types, [Quotes] and [Normal].
Set the new custom field to: [Show custom field as a column]
In the customers listing it is now easy to determine what kind of client a customer is.
If a Quotes client indeed orders, you only have to change his [Status] to [Normal].
Moreover, you do have a full listing of [Quotes]-customers who were, for whatever reason, interested in one of your products. You may use this to send them info like products-emails.
Just an idea.

@Lubos
Can you please give us the ability to type in Customer Names quotes?

As has already been explained above, you can do this. But if you want the customer entered to be a “customer” in Manager’s usage, you need to enter them so a subsidiary ledger can be created. A customer is more than a name to the program.