Print is crashing / Make PDF is not working

Hello, hope all is well and you are staying safe, I have a problem with Manager on macOS Mojave!!
I updated the software to Manager version the latest now v21.2.29.

When I click the print button I get this error:

There is no application set to open the URL eto:print.
Search the App Store for an application that can open this document, or choose an existing application on your computer.

When i click on PDF it goes blank.

1 Like

@iosephos, This problem appears to be related to my problem See post #57 of post Manager.io crashes when creating pdf on MAC after installing Ver 21.1.23, you are locked into Ver 21.1.6 until @lubos is able to resolve if possible with his third-party programmer.

1 Like

Thank you, Damien :slight_smile: for the fast reply, I tried to see the show packages and look for the eto:print command maybe is there is a small fix inside the library files for the system but i couldn’t… i saw your post its the same issue that i had now i should find the old version and download it i hope it won’t crash with the new back up that i made.

@iosephos, see post #61 of my post, you need to restore from a backup made on or before Ver 21.1.6 as the backups are not backwards version compatible .

Yes, i noticed that i did a restore… and i opened the 2 versions on the mac the new one and the old one to fix all the data on the old one by copying from the new… after i finished it crashed and it said this is a new backup you cant use this version… i think i will stick with the old data file… and stay add new ones till this new version in fixed. Thank you again Damien for the help ,,/ :slight_smile:

@iosephos, I believe the problem could be you are running two versions on the same machine, and I believe this should be resolved by working on two separate machines where files can be saved to different locations.

yes, i know that its ok, for now, i will see what i can do… and i will try to see in the codes files if there is a trick to fix the eto:print button link in the new version.

Manager used to prohibit opening data files with older versions of the program if the file had been used by a newer version. This is because newer versions sometimes change the database structure to incorporate new features.

That restriction has disappeared in more recent versions of the program. But you are going back to a version when the restriction still applied. There is no way around that if you are going to use the old program.

Hello Again hope all is well. it seems the new update didn’t fix this issue… and in the email we have this error also:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=z0GEatljOebhPQ3Ohkm1lM0BtlPFZrr35PH0HaH1QmAYQ.#=zjCEQSsPZJot9(Char #=zhPuS1rE=)
   at #=z0GEatljOebhPQ3Ohkm1lM0BtlPFZrr35PH0HaH1QmAYQ.#=zUeXaVpssKXZf(Double #=zSDg7HBk=, Double& #=zxjTNRB75TyGoB1xxeA==)
   at Apitron.PDF.Kit.FlowLayout.Content.TextBlock.Measure(ResourceManager resourceManager)
   at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.GetMinWidth(ContentElement contentElement, Boolean nowrap, ResourceManager resourceManager) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 529
   at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.GetMinWidth(ContentElement contentElement, Boolean nowrap, ResourceManager resourceManager) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 540
   at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.Tr(IHtmlTableRowElement node, Font font, ResourceManager resourceManager) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 492
   at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.Table(IHtmlTableElement node, Font font, ResourceManager resourceManager) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 414
   at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.ContentElement(INode node, Font font, Boolean nowrap, ResourceManager resourceManager) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 194
   at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.ContentElement(INode node, Font font, Boolean nowrap, ResourceManager resourceManager) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 227
   at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.Tr(IHtmlTableRowElement node, Font font, ResourceManager resourceManager) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 467
   at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.ConvertHtmlToPdf(String input, Stream output, PageBoundary pageBoundary) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 87
   at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.Businesses.Business.SendEmail.Post() in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\HttpHandlers\Businesses\Business\SendEmail.cs:line 54
   at ManagerServer.Startup.<>c.<b__1_1>d.MoveNext() in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Startup.cs:line 108
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware.g__Awaited|6_0(ExceptionHandlerMiddleware middleware, HttpContext context, Task task)

its all using the Mac Version 21.3.61

here is the latest version of Manager crashing.

sorry for the late reply but I am using the latest manager version and they still have the same issue!! the save pdf issue and the print issue and the email issue also you cannot send an email!
check the new post that added below.

thank you

“Latest version” does not help. There are sometimes several per day. And I do not know what you mean by “added below.” There is nothing below.

i meant this by below:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at #=z0GEatljOebhPQ3Ohkm1lM0BtlPFZrr35PH0HaH1QmAYQ.#=zjCEQSsPZJot9(Char #=zhPuS1rE=)
       at #=z0GEatljOebhPQ3Ohkm1lM0BtlPFZrr35PH0HaH1QmAYQ.#=zUeXaVpssKXZf(Double #=zSDg7HBk=, Double& #=zxjTNRB75TyGoB1xxeA==)
       at Apitron.PDF.Kit.FlowLayout.Content.TextBlock.Measure(ResourceManager resourceManager)
       at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.GetMinWidth(ContentElement contentElement, Boolean nowrap, ResourceManager resourceManager) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 529
       at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.GetMinWidth(ContentElement contentElement, Boolean nowrap, ResourceManager resourceManager) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 540
       at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.Tr(IHtmlTableRowElement node, Font font, ResourceManager resourceManager) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 492
       at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.Table(IHtmlTableElement node, Font font, ResourceManager resourceManager) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 414
       at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.ContentElement(INode node, Font font, Boolean nowrap, ResourceManager resourceManager) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 194
       at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.ContentElement(INode node, Font font, Boolean nowrap, ResourceManager resourceManager) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 227
       at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.Tr(IHtmlTableRowElement node, Font font, ResourceManager resourceManager) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 467
       at ManagerServer.Extensions.PdfConverter.ConvertHtmlToPdf(String input, Stream output, PageBoundary pageBoundary) in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Extensions\PdfConverter.cs:line 87
       at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.Businesses.Business.SendEmail.Post() in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\HttpHandlers\Businesses\Business\SendEmail.cs:line 54
       at ManagerServer.Startup.<>c.<b__1_1>d.MoveNext() in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Startup.cs:line 108
    --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware.g__Awaited|6_0(ExceptionHandlerMiddleware middleware, HttpContext context, Task task)
    ```

@iosephos, have you tried the workaround of opening a second instance of Manager in a browser? This is not yet a permanent fix, but has been reported to resolve the kind of issues you keep reporting. Right-click on any hyperlink in the program and select Open Link in New Window.

Edit: I just saw in another thread you have used another technique to do the same thing. This illustrates why it is a bad idea to scatter your comments through multiple topics. It makes it harder for you to get useful information.

thank you @Tut i was checking in the old topic and i noticed the replies and i followed them and its working for now as you said its not a permanent fix but its helping!

i am posting the help here also maybe it will be helpful for the one read:

Open manager on mac and then open this link on your web browser: http://127.0.0.1:55667/

its tested on safari / chrome ( the print function working fine / save as pdf / mozilla firefox )