Payroll

Same here - I would love to know when the payroll feature will be available

I have a few questions

• How to do recurring payments like salaries?
  • How to hold their salaries with out paying for a month or two months?
  • How to give them advance payments?
  • How to give employees loan?

After giving employees loan how to deduct small amount of loan from their monthly salary?

I have seen payroll liabilities option on settings tab but now i can’t find it. Is it under testing process? When can we expect it? How to categorize permanent employees and daily wage employees?

1 Like

The Wages and Salary comes into one category on Profit and Loss Statement. Is it possible to segregate the Wages and Salary into several categories?

• Wages and Salary - Manufacturing
  • Wages and Salary - Management
  • Wages and Salary - Administration
  • Wages and Salary - Kitchen, etc?

Perhaps the category can be assigned when entering Employee information?

Previously I was using journal entry to record these transactions and assign them to appropriate accounts created in Chart of Accounts settings.

The reason why we do this so that we don’t have to look at a separate report when reviewing the profit and loss statement.

1 Like

Hi Lubos - We have been informed that we are going to have to directly employ our UK based people rather than treat them as contractors… so an integrated Payroll module will be great.

Am I correct in thinking that in its current state, the Employees module will allow us to enter employee details and the Payslips module will allow us to record payments and deductions but at the moment there is no provision for calculating UK Income Tax and National Insurance within the software?

Is it your intention to provide a payroll calculation module configurable for the UK that will take the employee’s details including YTD figures and Tax Code and using the gross monthly salary or hourly wages calculate Income tax, Employee’s National Insurance and Employer’s National Insurance to be deducted?

1 Like

I created a payslips 2000 $ but i paid him 2100 $ at the end of month.
When i create the profit and loss statement for my employee, only wages and salaries appears 2000 $.
Where is my 100 $ :smile:
I think the main reason is; sometimes tracking codes are not activated in journal entries and making transactions for spend and receive Money.

For Example;

Thanks for your feedback and questions so far.

I’m going to release enhancements to payroll next week which will address many of the issues you’ve raised.

2 Likes

I’ll look forward to your next update on this module. Thank you very much for your efforts

A customerisable feature will be better than limiting yourself to just UK tax code

Hi Lubos,

I’d like to suggest the following:

1. When running payslip, if it is possible to do at once for all the employees, instead of creating its one by one.
  2. auto calculating of tax withheld from gross amount and super guarantee
  3. show super fund entity
  4. show accumulated wages and tax withheld amount
  5. When come to year end, do you think that in future module: could generate PAYG Payment Summary for each individual employee and create EMPDUPE.A01 at year-end to facilitate lodgement to the ATO

Thank you for making this wonderful program

1 Like
  1. You can setup Recurring payslips under Settings tab.
  2. This will be eventually implemented
  3. You can show it now, just make sure contribution item name contains name of superfund.
  4. This is coming very soon.
  5. Same as point #2. It will be implemented eventually.
1 Like

Thanks, lubos.

Also, if you include annual leave and sick leave calculation would be wonderful in future release!

Will the payroll module incorporate the latest State and/or Federal tax rates?

These are country-specific extensions which other programmers will be able to contribute in future.

If employee section, can we add a couple of boxes such as for employees TFN, DoB, Super membership number, etc

You can add custom fields for employees and payslips. These can be for anything you want.

Thanks, Tut

Is there a time frame for a fully integrated payroll, including holiday leave loading, PAYG, super etc? Would love to leave MYOB for good.

In the meantime what are people in Aus using to for their pay calculations? Manually from ATO or software?

They enter amounts manually.

ATO has PAYG calculator.

This calculator will tell you how much to withheld and to be honest, it’s better to use that than having software calculate this for you automatically. Why? Because doing it manually actually forces you to understand what you are doing.

If you have only a few employees, automatic payroll doesn’t save any time. Because the little time you will save on automating it will be wasted the moment you do something unusual and automated process will produce wrong figures.

If you have employees on salary, then their earnings and PAYG is the same each pay period so you don’t have to calculate PAYG amounts manually each time. Just clone their previous payslip and you are done (or create recurring payslips).

The only time automated payroll calculations save a lot of time is if you have many employees earning wages. Then it can get very cumbersome to keep calculating PAYG manually for each employee each pay period. Is this your case?

Thanks for the ATO link, that WILL be handy.

I really do think the payroll should calculate the tax for the user, it’s just an added and unnecessary step and suits automation down to the ground. As long as you can have before and after tax deductions.

Although having said that, I do concede managing tax rates for different jurisdictions would be a nightmare (unless you made it a user requirement to edit/add them).