Overpayment on purchase invoice

Hello, when i Purchase Order from Supplier the amount goes as paid and i get an “Overpayment on purchase invoice # automatically transfered to supplier credit account” or “Automatic credit allocation to purchase invoice #” as Supplier credits. Why is that?
Since i make theese steps every time:

• Create Purchase order services to supplier
  • Pay manualy for it
  • Resell service to customer.

And since i think a month ago everything works fine now after the update i get “Overpayment on purchase invoice # automatically transfered to supplier credit account” or “Automatic credit allocation to purchase invoice #”

Am i doing something wrong or i havent understand something correctly?

Make sure you are using things for what they are intended:

• Purchase orders are for ordering things. They do not affect financials.
  • Purchase invoices are used when a supplier sells you something on credit rather for cash or check (immediate payment).

So when you use a purchase invoice, you create an account payable. The subsequent payment can be used to clear the account payable. If you haven’t created a purchase invoice, but only a purchase order, there is no account payable to offset, so Manager tries to find other invoices from that supplier to pay (or overpay) or just transfers the amount to supplier credit, waiting for the next purchase invoice.

It sounds like your difficulty comes from perhaps creating a purchase order, not creating a subsequent purchase invoice, but still receiving money.

1 Like

This is excactly what i do. I figured it out what was the problem. For some reason some of the VAT has been go to blank so every extra money i payed to supplier was as an overpayment. Strange but its ok now.