Manager app crashes when I press "enter"

I am having this problem on the version 20.10.81 so I downloaded the latest one (20.10.90) but I’m still having this problem.

Whenever I press enter when I’m trying to search for a payment account or something, the app crashes and I get this error:

I’m using a Macbook Pro (2018) with the latest OS, 11.0.1

Weird tho, because on my Mac Mini (2020) with the latest OS, 11.0.1, it doesn’t crash… I also use the latest Manager version there.

Notice in the error message your time awake since boot: exactly 27,000 seconds. And exactly 3,400 seconds since waking up.

This struck me as significant, because a couple years ago, I had crash problems with an earlier version of macOS always crashing at exactly the same time since boot. And, if I remember correctly, it was always 27,000 seconds. Unfortunately, I don’t recall immediately what resolved the problem, but I am fairly certain it had nothing to do with Manager. That may be the time I called Apple and ended up with quite a high level troubleshooting supervisor who promised me to look into it, gave me ticket numbers, captured a bunch of logs from my machine, swore he would call me back, but never did. All I know is that it doesn’t happen any more.

Try an experiment. Force the problem to occur again and see if that time since boot changes. Then do it quickly again.

Does your Mac Mini have an Apple or Intel chip? Some reported Big Sur problems occur only with Intel chips.

1 Like