Lost of history after upgrade

I upgraded but lost history after restoring backup. Please help.

post Screenshots so we can help you @glowhite

Upgraded Manager presumably, but from what version to what version?

And when you backed up was the History option selected?

Ok, Thanks.

Can’t really remember the exact version, but I know it’s 2019 releases to march 2022 update.

I hope that when backing up that you had the history checked as in below screenshot because it will save the checked items.
Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 13.03.10

Can’t really remember if the history option was selected.

I guess so, can’t really remember.

What edition (Cloud, Desktop or Server) are you using?

It might be possible to revert to an old version of manager, restore or import a previous backup if you have one, and then upgrade to the latest version

This shows the importance of regular backups

Also, why did you restore from a backup - that is not necessary when updating Manager. Manager installs the new software and keeps the data files as they were?

It’s server edition, after upgrade I did not see complete history, I was seeing zero so I thought I should restore previous backup.

@glowhite, the History function was not added until June 2020: New Audit Trail (aka History). So, if your old version was from 2019, it did not include a History file.

So what do I do, or what options do I have to restore my history back

Perhaps you did not understand me. If your backup was from a 2019 version of Manager, it never contained a History file. Therefore, nothing can be restored. If you had a History file, you had a later version of Manager than you reported. Then, it is a question of whether you saved the History file with the business data file when making the backup. If you did not, there is no way to recover it.

But you have not answered @Joe91’s question from post #9 above. Why are you restoring from a backup after a version upgrade, as implied by the subject of this thread? There was no need, assuming you installed your software update correctly.

This is my reply to @Joe91
It’s server edition, after upgrade I did not see complete history, I was seeing zero so I thought I should restore previous backup.

Well, if you are following the best server management practise, you should be able to restore your version of Manager from your server backups and upgrade again following the guide

If you do not have a full backup of your previous version, then I am afraid there is not a lot anyone can do to help

@glowhite, these comments suggest you may not have the experience and technical knowledge to successfully host Manager on your own server. Relying on one person’s memory to manage such an important application as accounting software is unwise. You should seriously consider switching to the cloud edition.

I do have the previous backup (in the old version 19.11.87.0) which I upgraded to latest version .

I remember the version now, it’s version 19.11.87 to the latest version.

Then you had no History, as that term is used in Manager. Since you were using the server edition, you had an audit trail, which was different and did not carry forward, because it did not include necessary information.

1 Like

Not that that needs any confirmation, but history was introduced at the end of June 2020, version 20.7.14.

Prior to that we’ve had audit trail which held only 1000 most recent actions, wasn’t a permanent record and most importantly wasn’t included in Backups.