Lost everything. Help Please. I am desperate!

Thanks Lubos. I have sent a report to Kaspersky but who knows how long they will take to respond or do anything. So frustrating because Manager has been such a blessing to our charity. We use it to keep all our charity accounts and are really lost without it.

I followed the link in your answer, posted the file and they say it is SAFE.
Now I am totally confused.
here is their report
File Man​a​g​e​r​​.​msi is safe.
The file is safe to keep, use and send.

File type OLE2/MSI_STANDALONE Scan date Jun 28 2017 21:40:14 Databases release date Jun 28 2017 20:35:02 UTC MD5 068a4bbe4294a0f5e016f0a22014e9ff SHA1 427f3d18437569aa840268c3343d2cd3625f2359 SHA256 fdca31e517150482e509a82e6243b038fc3959ec4fc91159994f6c832fce8851

Maybe the issue is not Kaspersky after all. I mean how do you know Kaspersky is removing Manager? It could be anything but usually you get something to pop up on your screen to inform you.

I just did a Kaspersky update and then a fresh install of Manager.

No joy!
Windows cannot find
C:\Users\rwhit_000\AppData\Roaming\Manager\ManagerDesktop.exx Make sure you’ve typed the name correctly and then try again

Then I get a pop-up saying
The item 'ManagerDesktop.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved.

Did you make a typo? The correct file should be C:\Users\rwhit_000\AppData\Roaming\Manager\ManagerDesktop.exe

I assumed it was Kaspersky because others on the forum had reported that they had this problem with Kaspersky.

Now I just do not know and have no idea what to do next

Yes a typo. How can I post a screenshot here?

Look up some tutorials on the Internet how to make screenshots. There are so many ways. Then just upload image or post the link here.

What you can do, go to C:\Users\rwhit_000\AppData\Roaming\Manager folder and list here all the files you see there.

I know how to take the screen shot just not how to put it on this forum

All the files are there except for ManagerDesktop.exe

I don’t know how to solve this mystery. The most likely scenario is that something installed on your computer is deleting ManagerDesktop.exe as it is being copied into that folder.

That sounds right because sometimes when I install it The prog opens for about a second then vanishes which was why we thought Kaspersky was deleting it as soon as it is opened.

This may be a silly question but is there any way I can manually insert the missing .exe file into that folder?
I know I am being a pain and I apologise but I depend on Manager to keep all the financial records for a charity and I am really very concerned and have no idea what to do.

You could install onto another computer, then copy the file from that computer. However I don’t think it will solve the issue. If you say the program runs for 1-2 seconds before shutting down it’s likely the thing which is deleting it is monitoring running processes. If it sees Manager, it will terminate the program and delete the executable. So copying executable from other computer will have the same effect as installing thus will not address the issue.

That sounds logical. The only thing I know about that should be monitoring is Kaspersky. I have turned Windows Defender off.

I just tried adding ManagerDesktop.exe as an Exception in Kaspersky but sadly that did not help either

In the AppData\Roaming\Manager folder there is the file ManagerServer.exe. Double-click it and you will get a notice asking you if you want to allow the app. Click Yes.

A black background window will open. Leave it open.

Now open Chrome. Type this address in the address bar: 127.0.0.1:8080 (note the colon between the 1 and the 8080). You will get a window asking for your password. Leave it blank and click Login.

If you get any error messages. let us know. If not, you can use the server version to work.

You may also like to try the Kapersky Removal Tool, to make sure it is completely gone, although as @lubos said we have no proof that the problem is Kaspersky.

Note: The removal tool will remove your product license for Kasperky.