Keeps crashing. Used it for years with no problems

Keeps crashing. Used it for years with no problems.

When does it happen? (launching the app, saving a transaction …)
Share screenshots of the error report.
Share your system details. (operating system, version number…)

Thanks John. It started when I tried to export a file. Then everything froze. I downloaded it several times but once logged in I couldn’t click through to anything. I downloaded several times yesterday finally it just worked. I’ve done that today and again it’s finally just worked. One thing I noticed on the downloads that don’t work it has a users/myname/downloads then it says “change file”. But it didn’t respond anyway.
Penny Brass

What you are referring to is the location for your application data. See Move desktop application data to another folder | Manager.

Ok thanks but I don’t see how it could have helped me as it was totally unresponsive. :thinking:

Best Wishes,
Penny Brass

It wasn’t unresponsive. You are only changing a target folder. You then must actively move files.

My only point was to explain that the notice you were seeing was unrelated to any program crash.

To obtain help, you need to furnish all the information @Abeiku requested.

I finally plucked up the courage to upgrade from 20.10.8 to 21.2.13 - but Manager becomes unresponsive.
It happened the first time I opened it (yesterday)- I could view the businesses but as soon as select a business it just hangs. I am unable to Quit and have to Force Quit via the Activity Monitor.
Today, I can select a business and can enter transactions etc. But when I select another Business it just becomes unresponsive and I have to Force Quit.
I am on MAC 10.13.4 if that helps. I have never had this problem before

If I understand correctly, you opened one business but had a problem. When you opened it again, everything was fine. Then you tried opening other businesses and had initial problems. Did you try opening them again?

I ask because in one test with macOS 10.13 I saw a freeze upon first launch of a business, with everything going smoothly on subsequent launches. Other than that, we hear reports of problems with new versions of Manager on old versions of macOS. But neither the developer or I have been able to reproduce them. Part of the problem may be not having access to Macs with ancient, outdated operating systems.

Hi @Tut - when I open Manager I can select a Business. If I then try to open any other Business then Manager just hangs and is unresponsive. After Force Quit I can select the ‘other’ business but cannot then select another .
I am happy with my 'ancient 'MAC software - no reason to upgrade - so I guess I will have to revert to v20.10.8

As an update - I tried doing a Restart of the Mac - the problem still existed. However, I completely Shutdown the Mac and since then the problem has miraculously disappeared!

So, I can now switch between all my Businesses in Manager without any issues.
I do have a small question - what is the difference between “Change Folder” and Reset Folder"? If the path is already correct can we safley ignore this?

Now that is very interesting news. To my knowledge, no one with a similar complaint has tried that. This could be the answer to several users’ problems.

Change Folder allows you to select a new location for your application data folder. Reset Folder restores it to the default location for your operating system. See https://www.manager.io/guides/10348.

@Penny, if you are still having the crash problem, try shutting your Mac down completely. Do not just restart it; shut it down first. Please let me know if that cures the problem.