Invoice Amount in Words

Please send me a complete html code which has the options.

Search the forum, solutions have been posted previously

in forum I found html code, but I have no idea about html code, so, how can I solve this problem?

Talk to local IT / Web service providers

please send me the html code, so that I can take help local expart.

You have already found it.

Amount it words will show automatically if you are using Indian tax codes and Rupees.

If there are other countries where this is general requirement, it can be added into Manager.

HTML themes should be about customizing the look of existing information on document, not about adding new information.

Thanks for your reply. Above requirements are for UAE (United Arab Emirates) Currency. We are providing accounting services and some clients are asking the same. We dont have any idea about html. Is there any way to get it or have any sample where we can try?

Hi @lubos

Currently running Raspbian 9(Stretch) and Manager 17.9.64 on Raspberry Pi B+ Gen1 …

“Total in Words” feature does not take into account the “Late payment fees” component and consequently revised bills show contradictory bill amount in figures and words when generated post due date. Please see below screen grab:

Also, as seen above, “Round off the total” feature (both “nearest” and “down”) in Invoices does not work. Am i missing something or perhaps some other settings which need to be fixed?

Can you post a screen shot of the edit screen for the same invoice?

the late payment fees is not rounded even when a rounding method has been set in the invoice. it only rounds the total of sub-total and tax.

also, as noted by @paddy, the amount in words do not change to the total value including late payment fees.

Hi @Tut

Here you go…

Actually, I’m forced to manipulate the “Late Payment Fees” since Manager currently does not offer another option in the drop down - say, “Charge x% per annum from till ” or a “Fixed amount from till ” or something along those lines…:disappointed: But I’m positive @lubos will eventually help us folks looking for this feature…:smile:

It does seem like the amount in words should be the balance due, not the original total.

No it is not. The invoice in words should reflect the invoice value and not the balance due. This is how Manager does it now which is the correct practice. the balance due is only between a supplier and customer which does not have any legal effect.

Hi @lubos,

Request your views and planned modifications on the point raised by @sharpdrivetek since the contradictory amount in words and figures cannot obviously be acceptable to the customers/members.

Can you explain this a little further? Why does balance due not have any legal effect, when the invoice represents a legal obligation to pay, according to the terms of the written, verbal, or implied contract? An invoice always represents the situation between a supplier and a customer, so if the practice is to present amounts in words, why would that apply only to the original amount (which was based on terms of the contract) and not to other amounts (late fees) based on the same contract?

What I am asking here is whether there is some provision in Indian law that supports your position.

the tax returns are filed for the invoice value and tax collected irrespective of what the customer owes the supplier.

i did not say it is not applicable to the late fees. the late fees is collected and further a debit note for the same is recorded to the customer when the payment is received which is taxable too.

the balance due is for the information of customer alone. the tax authorities have nothing to do with whether the customer pays or not. it is the liability of the supplier to collect the payment. the tax on the invoice have to be paid by the supplier to the govt monthly irrespective of the payment received from the customer.

OK. I understand all that. But what I wonder is whether Indian law actually requires the amount in words, and if so, whether the requirement specifically applies only to the original invoice amount. I have read some information saying that the amount in words is common practice, but not actually required by law. If this is so, it seems logical to convert the balance due. But if there is a legal requirement for amount in words that only reflects the original total, I agree with your perspective.

So I am not disputing your position, only looking for education.

yes it is required by law. when we discussed about india’s new gst law few months back, the rules stated that the invoice total should be mentioned in words. here, the said invoice total is the sum of taxable value and taxes.

There are currently number of issues with late payment fee implementation. I’ve realized it’s basically wrong for number of reasons.

New implementation will work differently and will have more flexibility.

1 Like