Installing Manager Server edition

Anyone please take me through the process of installing & starting Manager Server edition as a service STEP BY STEP. I’ve been trying to use nssm to do that but it seem not to be working. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

1 Like

Have you looked at the instructions here: Installation | Manager?

1 Like

Yes I have. Gone as far as step ,5. However, its the step ,6 one that is really giving me a headache. Trying to set it up as a service.

1 Like

Well, the server edition is really meant for organizations that have the internal IT skills to handle the setup and administration process themselves. Those that don’t are usually better off using the cloud edition.

Thanks anyway. I did the setup already. Thanks you very much.

1 Like

Dear Lance, I saw your reply thread, I also stock on these steps; :flushed:
I have no knowledge in networking skill, I was using the desktop version since the date I joined this forum and really LOVED the Manager as it serve my business purposes. However, due to pandemic we are forced to do business remotely. That I decided to buy or purchased the Server Edition, I have managed to setup the access in LAN, but this is where I stuck.

Internet access

To access your Manager Server from the Internet, you will need to configure your router so it properly routes connections from the Internet into your computer running Manager Server. This is called port forwarding.

Custom domain

Instead of typing IP address, your users can type domain name instead. This will involve setting up A record on your domain so the domain name (or subdomain) points to IP address of your Internet router.
I would appreciate and hope with your experienced you could also give me an insight or guidance to continue our business. :pray: :pray: :blush:

1 Like

Did you read Tut’s last post? You’d better off using the cloud edition.

Can i privately message you the instructions?

Give me your Whatsapp number (if you do have) so i can also message you.

Why by a private message? Isn’t the goal of this forum to help each other by posting a possible solution so that others can take advantage of it too?

3 Likes

You right. Ill post it here

1 Like

Yes, Mark I read it. My Team are not comfortable using the cloud although it is easy but we consider the pricing and avoiding additional expense. I am willing to learned and invest on learning just to provide my Team the support they need, anyway we owned already the LICENSE, I do believed as Manager users we can help each other contributing positive outlook to other users. :pray:

1 Like

Thank you so much Lance :pray: I don’t know if we are allowed to post my WhatsApp number as this is a public. :blush:

This is what I do on Windows OS.

Part A : Download and compile files

1. Download the Windows OS Server edition file.
  2. Unzip it
  3. Save unzipped files into a folder on desktop
  4. Name the folder as ‘ManagerServer’.
  5. Download nssm service via NSSM - the Non-Sucking Service Manager
  6. Unzip nssm file
  7. Identify appropriate nssm service app for PC ( i.e 64 bit, 24 bit, etc)
  8. Copy nssm service app and paste into the ‘ManagerServer’ folder
  9. Cut and paste ‘ManagerServer’ folder in C Drive

Part B : Create and Run Manager as a Service

1. Mouse click on Windows start button
  2. Type cmd on search panel
  3. Right click on search result
  4. Run cmd as administrator
    You are now in command prompt
  5. After the bleeping cursor, type “cd ManagerServer”
  6. Type “nssm install ManagerServer”
  7. Follow the pop up window prompts
  8. Manager Server should immediately run…
  9. Logout of PC
  10. Login to PC

Part C : Create Manager Login Accessibility and Interfaces on Network

On Host PC
19. Open web browser (I use Chrome)
20. On search box type “127.0.0.1:8080”
21. The Manager Admin Login Interface should open
22. Administrator Password is by default blank

On Network PCs
23. Identify IP4 address of HOST PC first.( do this via command prompt and type ipconfig
24. On each PC, open web browser
25. On search box type :
(IP4 ADDRESS OF HOST PC): 8080
e .g if IP4 address of HOST PC is 192.168.0.12
You will type 192.168.0.12:8080
26. Login interface will appear.
27. Do this for all network PCs.

1 Like

@Lance Thank you, thank you so much. I will follow this step as soon as I get home with my Server PC,

1 Like

In another post I explained that the pricing for Cloud edition is more economical than your own server. The only reason why I use Server Edition is that I am very familiar with server management and prefer to trust my own server security management and also prefer to have our data on our own server. Our costs are definitely higher than the Cloud version. So as others say if you can not even install let alone “harden” the server I would stay away from it.

Good point there.

At my end, the server version is more economical.
Mostly for the clients that purchase it

1 Like

This is not the setup for internet service as @85380ME requests but for a local network. For internet server one also needs to configure the SSL to ensure encrypted transactions.

1 Like

You can also sell the business accounts using cloud edition. Cloud is 490 USD / year and Server Edition is also 490 USD / year. The latter still requires you to setup a server (cost of server) and pay for the server bandwidth.

2 Likes

Right again. I didnt read properly.