Importing list of stock iems from one business to another

Am I able to import information like stock items from one business to another in manager.
For example, I am an electrician and have hundreds of items that I have priced and entered into manager.
I wish to start up another business and want to copy this information into the new business.
Is this possible?
Thank you.

You cannot directly import from one business into another. But you can use the batch operation features to simplify the process. Start with a batch update to copy what is in one. Use that spreadsheet for a batch create in the other, deleting and modifying as necessary. See Use Batch Create and Batch Update functions | Manager.

Your choices are to copy as @Tut described above or copy the whole business via the backup and restore then delete information you don’t want in the new business via batch delete.

To delete large amount of data use the following method

1 Like

The current disadvantage of the later approach is deleted data is not completely deleted as it is retained in Manager’s history. From where it can be undeleted and adds to the businesses file size.

In the future there is likely to be the facility to delete this data but doing so may result in loss of new history after the new business is set up, See

and

Yes I did a batch copy/update but it has not copied across buy or sell prices, just stock codes and descriptions.
Is this as good as it gets?