Importing Bank Tranactions

Despite what you may think, @AMANDA, it does matter. You have made big changes, but you have not shared what they are. From what can be seen, you have added bank accounts, enabled more tabs, and deleted all your transactions. Somewhere, something is in the database that is interfering with your ability to import a bank statement, but you have destroyed all evidence of where or what that might be.

The most likely place to look for the problem previously was in the journal entries. I definitely did not suggest that you delete them. I only said the evidence told me you were misusing journal entries. Now that they are gone, we will never know.

My current suggestion is that you start over by creating a brand new business. You presently have no transactions entered. So the only things you will need to do are recreate the chart of accounts and define your bank accounts (whether there are one or three). Be sure to follow the Guides as you do that. Then try again.

Hi Amanda,

The error said that “an item with the same key has already been added”. We’re just trying to help you solve the mystery, so that you can import bank statements.

If you have the same issue on a brand new business (as @Tut has just suggested), please provide the first 2-3 lines of your import file.

Maybe there’s an issue with the import file itself, e.g. the same transaction occurs multiple times in the file and Manager is detecting this in some capacity.

Ok. Thanks Tut & Shane. I will look into those.

I had the same error just today. when i checked my csv file, i found out that 2 columns contain the same header. it’s like… date - payee - description - description - amount. when i removed one of the description columns, it worked.

hope this helps.