I cannot find bank accounts in the chart of accounts

I can’t find the bank accounts on the chart of accounts.
they disappear when I did some updates of the chart of accounts.
please help me relocate them.

Is the bank accounts module active?

1 Like

yes the bank accounts are active

Can you please post a screenshot?

1 Like

Bank accounts do not appear in the chart of accounts. The control account, Cash at bank, to which they are subsidiary appears.

1 Like

cash at bank was there but now its not on the chart of accounts

You have not shown your full chart of accounts. Cash at bank would appear in the Assets group, unless you moved it.

1 Like

I have mistakenly move or deleted the cash at bank please help me to get them back

You cannot delete an account if you have some movements. You must have moved it somewhere in the chart of accounts. But you should show us the whole chart.

1 Like

here is the entire chart of accounts

Given I cannot find the bank account anywhere it seems that:

1. you may have converted the bank account into a cash account. In this case can you please provide a screen shot of the details of the cash module?
  2. you may have created a control account and assigned the bank account to this one. In this case can you please provide a screen shot of the details of the bank module?

In any case can you provide also the detail of customize? Ie the modules that are actives…

1 Like

do you have any balance in your Bank account?
have you excluded zero balances from showing in your Summary?

1 Like

@lamin can you post a screenshot of the LHS - the tab listing - starting with Summary

1 Like

What were the updates you did ?
Do you have a recent backup ?

1 Like

Look at the Edit screen for one of your bank accounts under the Bank Accounts tab. That will show you what control account it is assigned to.

I assume the accounts still exist because you posted a screen shot of the list of them. I deleted that post because it contained the bank account numbers.

2 Likes

@Davide I remember that I put the bank accounts under a control account fixed assets - current assets, but I cannot find that whole group

@Brucanna the update I did was that I put the bank accounts under a control account that is fixed assets, my problem is that I can’t find that group on then chart of accounts any more.

here is a screen shot of one of the bank accounts in edit mode

a

@sharpdrivetek the bank accounts are having bank balances in other words they not zero balances

@Brucanna yes I do have a recent back up