I cannot find bank accounts in the chart of accounts

I think that you probably have:

1. activated “fixed asset” as a control account
  2. linked the bank account to fixed asset
  3. disabled “fixed asset” as control account

This put the bank account in a sort of Twilight Zone since there isn’t any selectable control account for bank accounts.

Try to do like this:

1. create a new account under BS and make it a “control account” for bank accounts
  2. open the bank account and unlink it from the control account
  3. delete the created account
1 Like

Another case in which a “check” module would be very useful.

1 Like

First of all, you should not have done that. Bank accounts are not fixed assets.

Secondly, I am sorry to disappoint you, @lamin, but you definitely did put your bank accounts under any control account. Your screen shot from the bank account Edit screen shows us two things:

• The Central Bank GMD, Dollar Account is not assigned to any control account of your choosing. Therefore, it is assigned to Cash at bank (or more precisely, the account that originally had that name).
  • None of your accounts are control accounts made up of bank accounts. If any were, there would be a dropdown field named Control account on the bank account Edit screen. Since there is not, you cannot have done what you thought you did.

So the question is, where did you hide Cash at bank? What you may have done is rename the control account, Cash at bank, as something else. If your software is up to date, your chart of accounts would show the default name in gray and the new name in black. You don’t have any accounts like that, so either your software is old or you did not rename the account. Therefore, the next question is, what version number are you using?

1 Like

If this is true, I’d consider this a bug. The software should gracefully recover from whatever input (even if the input makes no sense).

2 Likes

I didn’t tried to reproduce the problem because I wasn’t in front of my computer but I proposed the solution since it happened also to myself several months ago with control account. So, yes, it’s worth to be debugged.

1 Like

By the way I see a lot of uncategorised entries. You better remember to allocate them before you get some strange behaviour by Manager.

1 Like